REGIONAL TECHNICAL MANAGER
- Washington, DC
Our company thrives on creating the most inventive approach to any data challenge. Qbase delivers leading solutions in data enhancement, management and analytics to improve the quality of our clients’ data, including scoring and predictive modeling.
Innovative Qbase technology works smarter and faster to drive better results at a lower cost. Along with our proprietary tools and web-hosted solutions which offer, intuitive approach to the way our clients manage and use data, we provide a full spectrum of information technology services to meet client mission-critical requirements in the government, military, healthcare and commercial markets.
A SHARP FOCUS ON GETTING IT RIGHT motivates Qbase leadership, its engineers and employees. Led by seasoned former executives and inventors from LexisNexis, Apptis and other leading companies, the Qbase team provides hands-on consultation with analysis of your data to maximize its value.
This position will serve as the Regional Technical Manager in a geographic area of the United States and manage the service delivery efforts of a large IT Service Delivery team that provides break-fix, operational and maintenance support to the end-users within the region. Ensures tasking, priority projects, reporting and other technical activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives as outlined in the Statement of Work and through agreements with client.
Qbase develops proprietary data management tools, including Qbase Data Discovery™ and Qbase Data Transformer™, to help you understand and improve your data. Qbase data analytics reveal new ways to drive revenue and increase profits. Our web-based applications and high throughput computing solutions can be custom-designed to solve your most complex data problems. Our IT solutions and consulting services help keep you proactive. Learn more about our technology at http://www.4qbase.com/our_technology.html
Find our latest collection of Qbase resources, written by our data and technology experts, on a wide variety of topics covering IT, data analytics, data quality, data security disaster prevention and other important issues at
The Qbase team brings a diverse combination of skills and expertise developed in a range of fields and leadership positions—from CEOs of large companies to an officer leading IT initiatives in the U.S. Armed Services. Additionally, the team offers deep and broad experience in federal technology integration, database management and analytics, and in enterprise systems development. Learn more about Qbase leadership at http://www.4qbase.com/team.html
- Plan and develop methods and procedures for service delivery to the end-users, directs and coordinates projects and exercises control over personnel responsible for specific functions or phases of the service delivery program
- Coordinate with local client management for daily direction in order to understand and carry-out priority tasks and projects
- Review reports and records of activities to ensure accuracy and modifies or changes reporting methodology as require to meet the requirements of the client
- Confer with the Program Management Office, Operations Manager and other management staff and customer contracts to ensure consistency in service delivery initiatives
- Provide technical direction to subordinate staff
- Apply significant knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients
- Review work of service delivery team and suggest staffing changes according to scope of project
- Easily recognize work product deficiencies and implement effective solutions
- Create and execute service delivery plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Keep Operations Manager well informed of status of service delivery efforts and serve as liaison between service delivery staff and Operations Manager
- Ensure technical teams document their work and provide thorough status reports
- Manage technical resources within budget and project schedule
- Consistently deliver high quality services to our clients
- Responsible for effective communication to include: Facilitating team and client meetings; holding regular status meetings with service delivery team; keeping development team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news; delivering engaging, informative, well organized presentations; resolving and/or escalating issues in a timely fashion and understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Provide leadership and challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and inspiring co-workers to attain goals and pursue excellence encouraging more junior staff to take responsibility for their development within the company
- Identify opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change while managing the process of innovative change effectively and remaining on the forefront of emerging industry practices
- Facilitate effective team interaction by acknowledging and appreciating each team member’s contributions; effectively utilizing each team member to their fullest potential and keeping track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members
- Management client interaction and expectations regarding service delivery efforts while developing lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions while continually seeking opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- Conduct effective performance evaluations and mentor service delivery team through formal and informal channels
- Seek and participate in personal development opportunities above and beyond training required by the company while sharing knowledge and training subordinate personnel
Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of complex technologies and concept
- Understanding of networking concepts and proven experience consistently applying them in client engagements
- Significant knowledge of client/server and internet systems architectures
Education and Work Experience:
- Demonstrated work experience managing large technical teams
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ten or more years of related project management experience with increasing responsibilities
- ITIL certification required
- PMP preferred
- Experience managing Quality Assurance and Communications programs/projects for large organizations and management of large programs that require interaction with execution that span multiple programs involved in supporting multi-department cross-functional projects preferred.
Clearance Required: Yes – BI and DoD – Top Secret
Location: This position is located at our Washington, DC site
Travel Requirements: >25% - Overnight Travel: Yes
Driving Classification: This position is classified as a “Regular Driver”
Driving record checks will be performed on all applicants whose position is classified as a Regular Driver after a conditional offer of employment has been made. The applicant's job offer is contingent upon this motor vehicle driving record check. The driving record check will include review of any appropriate state records. If the applicant does not have a valid driver's license, and cannot arrange alternate means of transportation, the applicant cannot be hired for a role classified as a “Regular Driver”. If an applicant whose role is classified as a “Regular Driver” has a driving record that meets or exceeds the criteria listed under the Unacceptable Status, the applicant will not be hired. If the applicant meets the Probationary Status criteria he/she will be placed into that status. Upon commencing employment the requirements described above under “current employees” will apply.
EEO Statement: Qbase is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V). It is the policy of Qbase to ensure equal employment opportunity in accordance with Executive Order 11246, as amended and all applicable federal regulations and guidelines. Employment discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), national origin, disability, age (40 years old or more), or veteran status is illegal. Qbase managers and employees will comply with state and federal equal employment laws, rules, regulations and guidelines experience.
Qbase utilizes E-Verify