SENIOR SUPPORT ENGINEER
- Springfield, OH
Our company thrives on creating the most inventive approach to any data challenge. Qbase delivers leading solutions in data enhancement, management and analytics to improve the quality of our clients' data, including scoring and predictive modeling.
Innovative Qbase technology works smarter and faster to drive better results at lower cost. Along with our proprietary tools and web-hosted solutions which offer a fresh, intuitive approach to the way our clients manage and use data, we provide a full spectrum of information technology services to meet client mission-critical requirements in the government, military, healthcare and commercial markets.
A SHARP FOCUS ON GETTING IT RIGHT motivates Qbase leadership, its engineers, and employees. Led by seasoned former executives and inventors from LexisNexis, Apptis, and other leading companies, the Qbase team provides hands-on consultation with analysis of your data to maximize its value
- Installs and maintains local area network hardware and software
- Adds new users to the network and specifies their directory structures and system access, troubleshoots network usage and peripheral issues, resolves LAN connectivity issues and maintains LAN and internet connections
- Troubleshoots hardware and software problems, assists users with desktop applications and provides user training
- Installs and maintains LAN/WAN hardware and software technologies, to include routers, switches, and firewalls
- Utilizes support applications to track user requests from trouble ticket generation to resolution
- Escalates problems to other network or system support personnel when a problem is not easily identified and corrected
- Fills in on the Support Center as needed
Knowledge and skills:
- Strong internal and external customer service focus
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN hardware and software systems
- Troubleshooting skills
- Associates degree preferred
- 4 years industry experience
- MCSA (Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator) preferred
- Cisco Experience preferred
Clearance Requirement: None
Location: This position will be based out of our Springfield, Ohio worksite
Travel Requirement: Occasional
Driving Classification: This position is classified as a “Regular Driver”.
Driving record checks will be performed on all applicants whose position is classified as a Regular Driver after a conditional offer of employment has been made. The applicant's job offer is contingent upon this motor vehicle driving record check. The driving record check will include review of any appropriate state records. If the applicant does not have a valid driver's license, and cannot arrange alternate means of transportation, the applicant cannot be hired for a role classified as a “Regular Driver”. If an applicant whose role is classified as a “Regular Driver” has a driving record that meets or exceeds the criteria listed under the Unacceptable Status, the applicant will not be hired. If the applicant meets the Probationary Status criteria he/she will be placed into that status. Upon commencing employment the requirements described above under “current employees” will apply.
EEO Statement: Qbase is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V). It is the policy of Qbase to ensure equal employment opportunity in accordance with Executive Order 11246, as amended and all applicable federal regulations and guidelines. Employment discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), national origin, disability, age (40 years old or more), or veteran status is illegal. Qbase managers and employees will comply with state and federal equal employment laws, rules, regulations and guidelines experience.
Qbase utilizes E-Verify