LAN/DESKSIDE TECHNICIAN (JR247)
- New York, NY
A SHARP FOCUS ON GETTING IT RIGHT motivates Qbase leadership, its engineers, and employees. Led by seasoned former executives and inventors from LexisNexis, Apptis, and other leading companies, the Qbase team provides hands-on consultation with analysis of your data to maximize its value.
The following position is contingent upon ability to obtain required clearance.
The LAN/Deskside Technician (junior level) reports to a Supervisor and/or Technical Manager and provides senior-level IT Field Operations support for 24x7 LANs and associated applications, peripherals, connectivity and end-users in a Service Desk - Tier II environment. This position relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job while working independently or under immediate supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Monitor the Remedy ticket queues, troubleshoot and resolve assigned hardware, software and LAN/WAN trouble tickets.
- Fulfill Service Requests such as workstation moves, software installations and equipment configuration changes.
- Verify with the customer that the issue has been resolved to their satisfaction.
- Update tickets following a documentation standard template, stating or restating the Issue, Actions Taken, and Next Actions Needed.
- Create Active Directory computer and user accounts.
- Assist in managing Windows Server 2008 R2 configurations, security patches and applications.
- Provide support for VPN connectivity via Cisco VPN client and RSA token.
- Consult and coordinate activities with Engineering, Security, and Service Desk personnel.
- Communicate plans, progress, and issues in a timely manner.
- Participate in the weekly on-call duty rotation, providing after-hours support to customers and supported equipment.
- Support peripheral devices including scanners and printers.
- Support mobile devices such as IPhones, IPads, BlackBerrys and Air Cards.
- Support business continuity plans and site readiness.
- Maintain system backups utilizing Net Backup, and regularly conduct testing of restored data.
- Documents, tracks and monitors all problems and requests to ensure a timely resolution.
- Consistently meets the service target objectives and ticket resolution rates.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and all levels of the customer’s organization to identify needs, evaluate solutions, identify opportunities for improvement and build customer relationships.
- Demonstrated initiative with a strong sense of urgency and purpose.
- Proven success in the development of customer-centric solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry best practices and the ability to understand complex and advanced technical concepts.
- Demonstrated success in customer service and relationship building.
- Ability to complete multiple projects simultaneously, and in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of operating systems and office productivity software (Preferred: Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat)
- Familiarity with WAN devices, circuits, cabling, voice communication systems and facilities management.
- Working knowledge of operating endpoint management tools (Preferred: BigFix, Tivoli, LANDesk, or Altiris)
- Experience using IT Service Management software (Preferred: Remedy, HEAT, Siebel, Unicenter or ServiceNow)
Education and work experience:
- Associate’s degree in Information Technology or related field (preferred)
- 5 or more years of experience providing technical support in an enterprise environment (preferred)
- Professional Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, A+, Security+ and/or Network+ (preferred)
Clearance Requirement: U.S. Citizenship required: Background Investigation and up to Top Secret
clearance, Active DoD government issued security clearance (preferred)
Location: This position will be based out of our client site in New York, NY
Travel Requirement: 30% - Overnight Travel - No
Driving Classification: This position is classified as a “Regular Driver”
Driving record checks will be performed on all applicants whose position is classified as a Regular Driver after a conditional offer of employment has been made. The applicant's job offer is contingent upon this motor vehicle driving record check. The driving record check will include review of any appropriate state records. If the applicant does not have a valid driver's license, and cannot arrange alternate means of transportation, the applicant cannot be hired for a role classified as a “Regular Driver”. If an applicant whose role is classified as a “Regular Driver” has a driving record that meets or exceeds the criteria listed under the Unacceptable Status, the applicant will not be hired. If the applicant meets the Probationary Status criteria he/she will be placed into that status. Upon commencing employment the requirements described above under “current employees” will apply.
Qbase develops proprietary data management tools, including Qbase Data Discovery™ and Qbase Data Transformer™, to help you understand and improve your data. Qbase data analytics reveal new ways to drive revenue and increase profits. Our web-based applications and high throughput computing solutions can be custom-designed to solve your most complex data problems. Our IT solutions and consulting services help keep you proactive. Learn more about our technology at http://www.4qbase.com/our_technology.html
Find our latest collection of Qbase resources, written by our data and technology experts, on a wide variety of topics covering IT, data analytics, data quality, data security disaster prevention and other important issues at http://www.4qbase.com/resource.html
The Qbase team brings a diverse combination of skills and expertise developed in a range of fields and leadership positions—from CEOs of large companies to an officer leading IT initiatives in the U.S. Armed Services. Additionally, the team offers deep and broad experience in federal technology integration, database management and analytics, and in enterprise systems development. Learn more about Qbase leadership at http://www.4qbase.com/team.html
EEO Statement: This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Qbase utilizes E-Verify