This position is responsible for directing the operations, admissions and recruitment efforts of the Office of Traditional Undergraduate Admissions (TUG), in coordination with and as a key leader within the Division of Enrollment Management. This is a full-time, exempt position and reports to the Associate Vice President & Dean of Admissions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the university’s comprehensive strategic recruitment plan with a primary focus on traditional undergraduate admissions, including territory management and personalized communications plans. This process requires proactive and skillful coordination with numerous members of the university community, including Marketing and Community Relations and all constituencies within Enrollment Management.
- Establish and communicate admissions goals that support Queens’ annual goals and strategic plans, and supervise, coordinate, and evaluate the performance of all Traditional Undergraduate Admissions staff.
- Manage the collection and analysis of admissions and enrollment data, identifying and discussing trends, opportunities and concerns with the Admissions Leadership Team.
- Represent the institution and department internally and externally in written materials, and by giving memorable, motivating presentations.
- Oversee TUG Admissions’ continual cultivation and networking with secondary schools and educational organizations, thereby creating a strong and viable base from which to draw.
- Establish, review, and revise territory goals for each stage of the recruitment process.
- Direct the utilization of EMAS in daily operations and reporting.
- Ensure effective coordination of the telecounseling program, in support of achievement of established goals.
- Ensure that all admissions / recruitment-related web content on www.queens.edu contributes to representing Queens that clearly supports the university’s and admissions’ goals.
- Assist in the creation and approval of all promotional materials used for admissions purposes including letters, brochures, and applications through coordinated efforts with appropriate faculty and staff.
- Supervise and manage the application process for international students
- Be a highly visible and outstanding representative of Queens University of Charlotte.
- Maintain an understanding of the higher education landscape at regional and national levels, and share that knowledge freely within the Division of Enrollment Management.
- Represent TUG Admissions on university committees as assigned.
- Other duties as necessary to meet department and University needs.