Campus Police Officer
- Charlotte, NC
Summary: This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) that ensures the safety and
security of Queens University of Charlotte’s students, faculty, staff and campus. Must have
BLET certification to be considered; local candidates only.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Enforce all federal, state, and local laws in accordance with departmental policy
- Respond to calls for service
- Submit timely, accurate MIR reports
- Patrol on foot or patrol vehicle assigned campus areas to ensure community safety, includes traffic enforcement, emergency response, law enforcement, etc.
- Receive, investigate and complete reports on issues from the campus community and perform other investigative services as requested
- Detect and report fire safety hazards
- Enforce campus traffic and parking regulations including issuance of violations
- Report any security breaches or suspected security issues
- Provide security and law enforcement to faculty, staff and students as requested or needed
- Provide direction and training to new/temporary officers as requested
- Assist in coordination and patrol of special events / sporting events
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required
- BLET certification required (candidates without BLET certification will not be considered)
- Law enforcement or security experience, preferably in higher education setting
- Ability to communicate diplomatically with a wide spectrum of people
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new information
- Pass any required drug tests and remain drug free
- Pass physical exam
- Absolutely no criminal history
- High school diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation)
- Visual Abilities: Read reports, create presentations and use a computer system.
- Hearing: Hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, vendors, and students.
- Dexterity, Grasping, Feeling: Write, type and use the telephone, copier, and computer systems.
- Mobility: Open files and operate office machines; move between departments and attend meetings across campus.
- Talking: Frequently convey detailed or important instructions and ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Lifting, Pulling, Pushing: Exert up to 50 pounds for force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work in office environment, contact with employees, students, parents, providers and vendors
- Work has deadlines, multiple interruptions, high volume and may be stressful at times
Queens University of Charlotte is a private, co-educational, Presbyterian affiliated comprehensive university located in the heart of Charlotte, North Carolina, and is consistently ranked in the top tier of Southern Regional Masters Universities. The university has more than 2,400 undergraduate and graduate students in programs offered by the College of Arts and Sciences, the McColl School of Business, the James L. Knight School of Communication, the Wayland H. Cato Jr. School of Education, the Andrew Blair College of Health and the Presbyterian School of Nursing. Additional information about Queens University of Charlotte may be found at www.queens.edu/Queens-Overview
Queens offers medical (PPO or a high deductible option with Health Savings Account) and dental insurance, domestic partner benefits, defined contribution retirement plan & supplemental retirement plan, paid holidays, tuition remission, Queens-paid life insurance, supplemental life insurance, dependent life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care, qualified transportation expense), long-term disability leave, FMLA leave, reduced cost meals at Morrison Dining Hall, and employee assistance program (EAP).
If this sounds like the right job for you, then use the button below to submit your application. Be prepared to upload a cover letter, resume or CV, and contact information on three professional references. We look forward to reviewing your application.