Summary: This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) that ensures the safety and
security of Queens University of Charlotte’s students, faculty, staff and campus. Must have
BLET certification to be considered; local candidates only.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Enforce all federal, state, and local laws in accordance with departmental policy
- Respond to calls for service
- Submit timely, accurate MIR reports
- Patrol on foot or patrol vehicle assigned campus areas to ensure community safety, includes traffic enforcement, emergency response, law enforcement, etc.
- Receive, investigate and complete reports on issues from the campus community and perform other investigative services as requested
- Detect and report fire safety hazards
- Enforce campus traffic and parking regulations including issuance of violations
- Report any security breaches or suspected security issues
- Provide security and law enforcement to faculty, staff and students as requested or needed
- Provide direction and training to new/temporary officers as requested
- Assist in coordination and patrol of special events / sporting events
- Other duties may be assigned as needed