- Charlotte, NC
This position will focus primarily on advising pre-BSN students currently enrolled at Queens. This is a part-time, 20 hour-per-week position that reports to the Director of Advising and works in close partnership with the administrative offices of the Blair College of Health and Presbyterian School of Nursing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Meet with students interested in applying to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program.
- Communicate admissions requirements and assist applicants in understanding their transcripts and academic standings.
- Provide course planning and academic advising.
- Assist students with exploring majors within Queens in line with their academic abilities and interests.
- Other duties as necessary to meet University needs.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required
- Strong knowledge of Queens general degree requirements and the BSN program admission standards, or ability to quickly learn and communicate new information.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish rapport with students, faculty and staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Computer proficiency, particularly in MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel. Experience with Jenzabar software preferable.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and apply new information.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation)
- Visual Abilities: Read reports, create presentations and use a computer system.
- Hearing: Hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, vendors, and students.
- Dexterity, Grasping, Feeling: Write, type and use the telephone, copier, and computer systems.
- Mobility: Open files and operate office machines; move between departments and attend meetings across campus.
- Talking: Frequently convey detailed or important instructions and ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Lifting, Pulling, Pushing: Exert up to 50 pounds for force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work in office environments, involving contact with faculty, staff, students, parents, service providers and vendors.
- Work has deadlines, interruptions, and may be stressful at times.
Queens University of Charlotte is a private, co-educational, Presbyterian affiliated comprehensive university located in the heart of Charlotte, North Carolina, and is consistently ranked in the top tier of Southern Regional Masters Universities. The university has more than 2,400 undergraduate and graduate students in programs offered by the College of Arts and Sciences, the McColl School of Business, the James L. Knight School of Communication, the Wayland H. Cato Jr. School of Education, the Andrew Blair College of Health and the Presbyterian School of Nursing. Additional information about Queens University of Charlotte may be found at www.queens.edu/Queens-Overview.
If this sounds like the right job for you, then use the button below to submit your application. Be prepared to upload a cover letter, resume or CV, and contact information on three professional references. We look forward to reviewing your application.