Student Success Assistant
- Charlotte, NC
This position provides administrative support equally to the Center for Student Success and the Office of Internship & Career Programs. The assistant functions as a front line point of contact for the two student service offices and provides administrative support for their operations. This is a full-time, 37.5 hour-per-week position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Greet and assist students, staff, faculty and visitors in person and on the telephone.
- Assess visitor needs, make appropriate referrals and schedule appointments.
- Answer routine questions and share information via telephone, email and social media sites.
- Enter data, create reports and manage databases.
- Oversee logistics for events and programs: process techology, parking, room reservation, catering and other related requests.
- Train and delegate tasks to student workers.
- Other duties as necessary to meet University needs.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required
- Prior experience delivering front line student services in a higher education environment preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish rapport with students, faculty and staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Computer proficiency, particularly in MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel. Experience with Jenzabar software, Google Docs, Formstack and other cloud data tools preferred.
- Experience with common social media platforms and online survey tools preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and apply new information.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation)
- Visual Abilities: Read reports, create presentations and use a computer system.
- Hearing: Hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, vendors, and students.
- Dexterity, Grasping, Feeling: Write, type and use the telephone, copier, and computer systems.
- Mobility: Open files and operate office machines; move between departments and attend meetings across campus.
- Talking: Frequently convey detailed or important instructions and ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Lifting, Pulling, Pushing: Exert up to 50 pounds for force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work in office environment, involving contact with faculty, staff, students, parents, service providers and vendors.
- Work has deadlines, multiple interruptions, high volume and may be stressful at times.
Queens University of Charlotte is a private, co-educational, Presbyterian affiliated comprehensive university located in the heart of Charlotte, North Carolina, and is consistently ranked in the top tier of Southern Regional Masters Universities. The university has more than 2,400 undergraduate and graduate students in programs offered by the College of Arts and Sciences, the McColl School of Business, the James L. Knight School of Communication, the Wayland H. Cato Jr. School of Education, the Andrew Blair College of Health and the Presbyterian School of Nursing. Additional information about Queens University of Charlotte may be found at www.queens.edu/Queens-Overview.
Queens offers medical (PPO or a high deductible option with Health Savings Account) and dental insurance, domestic partner benefits, defined contribution retirement plan & supplemental retirement plan, paid holidays, tuition remission, Queens-paid life insurance, supplemental life insurance, dependent life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care, qualified transportation expense), long-term disability leave, FMLA leave, reduced cost meals at Morrison Dining Hall, and employee assistance program (EAP).
If this sounds like the right job for you, then use the button below to submit your application. Be prepared to upload a cover letter, resume or CV, and contact information on three professional references. We look forward to reviewing your application.