- Charlotte, NC
This position is responsible for helping to coordinate and implement the professional campus event experiences for prospective students and their parents as they navigate through the college search process. The campus visit experience is a pivotal part of the process that often initiates the next step of applying or enrolling at Queens. This is a full-time, 37.5 hour-per-week position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Facilitate all campus guest experiences for visiting families, ensuring that schedules and appointments are carried through with precision.
- Effectively communicate the mission of Queens University of Charlotte to prospective students and parents, high school counselors, alumni, and other constituents.
- Serve as the initial “front door” greeter for Harris Welcome Center.
- Assist with scheduling and arranging campus visits by organizing campus tours, interviews, class attendance and overnight arrangements in residence halls.
- Work closely with campus offices to provide colleagues and students with accurate information concerning all aspects of the admissions process.
- Facilitate the guest experience evaluation submission and collection.
- Assist in planning of special events.
- Assist in maintenance of the admissions visit calendar.
- Facilitate preparation of information packets for guests.
- Facilitate coordination of prospective student recruitment events on campus.
- Ensure a positive first impression for campus guests, continually looking for ways to provide that “wow” factor.
- Effectively communicate with tact, grace and hospitality with all constituencies.
- Assist in coordination of details of event planning and logistics—reserving space, making arrangements with campus contacts such as catering and campus services, creating and distributing invitations, communicating and confirming attendance with attendees, etc.
- Compile, analyze and report campus event data when requested by the Dean.
- Oversee Royal Admissions Ambassador program, providing training and direction to student Ambassadors.
- Assist with planning and coordinating special projects.
- Fill in for the Guest Coordinator in their absence.
- Other duties as necessary to meet University needs.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4 - 6 years’ experience preferred in event planning, marketing and/or admissions.
- Excellent organizational skills with acute attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership qualities, including the ability to quickly establish rapport with a wide spectrum of people, both external and internal to the university.
- Must have proven ability to maintain and project a professional image at all times when representing the university.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; proven ability to plan and deliver effective presentations to small and large groups.
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills, including strong follow-up and follow-through skills to ensure timely, within-budget completion of goals and objectives.
- Proven ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely, creative, win-win manner.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Computer proficiency, particularly in MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and apply new information.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and/or weekends to meet demands of the position.
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation)
- Visual Abilities: Read reports, create presentations and use a computer system.
- Hearing: Hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, vendors, and students.
- Dexterity, Grasping, Feeling: Write, type and use the telephone, copier, and computer systems.
- Mobility: Open files and operate office machines; move between departments and attend meetings across campus.
- Talking: Frequently convey detailed or important instructions and ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Lifting, Pulling, Pushing: Exert up to 50 pounds for force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work in office environment, involving contact with faculty, staff, students, parents, service providers and vendors.
- Work has deadlines, multiple interruptions, high volume and may be stressful at times.
Queens University of Charlotte is a private, co-educational, Presbyterian affiliated comprehensive university located in the heart of Charlotte, North Carolina, and is consistently ranked in the top tier of Southern Regional Masters Universities. The university has more than 2,400 undergraduate and graduate students in programs offered by the College of Arts and Sciences, the McColl School of Business, the James L. Knight School of Communication, the Wayland H. Cato Jr. School of Education, the Andrew Blair College of Health and the Presbyterian School of Nursing. Additional information about Queens University of Charlotte may be found at www.queens.edu/Queens-Overview.
Queens offers medical (PPO or a high deductible option with Health Savings Account) and dental insurance, domestic partner benefits, defined contribution retirement plan & supplemental retirement plan, paid holidays, tuition remission, Queens-paid life insurance, supplemental life insurance, dependent life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care, qualified transportation expense), long-term disability leave, FMLA leave, reduced cost meals at Morrison Dining Hall, and employee assistance program (EAP).
If this sounds like the right job for you, then use the button below to submit your application. Be prepared to upload a cover letter, resume or CV, and contact information on three professional references. We look forward to reviewing your application.