This position is responsible for helping to coordinate and implement the professional campus event experiences for prospective students and their parents as they navigate through the college search process. The campus visit experience is a pivotal part of the process that often initiates the next step of applying or enrolling at Queens. This is a full-time, 37.5 hour-per-week position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Facilitate all campus guest experiences for visiting families, ensuring that schedules and appointments are carried through with precision.
- Effectively communicate the mission of Queens University of Charlotte to prospective students and parents, high school counselors, alumni, and other constituents.
- Serve as the initial “front door” greeter for Harris Welcome Center.
- Assist with scheduling and arranging campus visits by organizing campus tours, interviews, class attendance and overnight arrangements in residence halls.
- Work closely with campus offices to provide colleagues and students with accurate information concerning all aspects of the admissions process.
- Facilitate the guest experience evaluation submission and collection.
- Assist in planning of special events.
- Assist in maintenance of the admissions visit calendar.
- Facilitate preparation of information packets for guests.
- Facilitate coordination of prospective student recruitment events on campus.
- Ensure a positive first impression for campus guests, continually looking for ways to provide that “wow” factor.
- Effectively communicate with tact, grace and hospitality with all constituencies.
- Assist in coordination of details of event planning and logistics—reserving space, making arrangements with campus contacts such as catering and campus services, creating and distributing invitations, communicating and confirming attendance with attendees, etc.
- Compile, analyze and report campus event data when requested by the Dean.
- Oversee Royal Admissions Ambassador program, providing training and direction to student Ambassadors.
- Assist with planning and coordinating special projects.
- Fill in for the Guest Coordinator in their absence.
- Other duties as necessary to meet University needs.