This full-time position is responsible for coordinating professional campus event experiences for prospective students and their family as they navigate through the college search process. The campus experience is a pivotal part of the process that often initiates the next step of applying or enrolling at Queens.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Scheduling and arranging campus visits by organizing campus tours, interviews, class attendance and arranging for students to stay overnight in the residence halls
- Facilitate the greeting of guests through the admissions concierge and counselor of the day
- Assisting in the planning of all special events
- Maintaining visit calendar
- Facilitate the preparation of information packets for guests
- Recruiting, training and supervising student tour guides / Admissions Ambassadors
- Managing the coordination of all prospective student recruitment events on campus These events include but are not limited to: Fall Open House, Spring Open House, Queens Scholars Day, Athletic Recruitment Weekends, Scholarship Competitions (Presidential, McColl School of Business, Overcash Scholars Program, Knight School of Communication), Fine Arts Auditions (Music, Drama), Admitted Student Day, Counselor Advisory Council Program, Guidance Counselor Receptions, off-campus recruitment receptions.
- Ensuring a positive first impression for campus guests, constantly looking for ways to provide that “wow” factor
- Effectively and strategically communicating and being able to think quickly and creatively to promote Queens in the most positive light at all times
- Developing action plans for each campus event program
- Coordinating all details of event planning—reserving space, making arrangements with campus contacts such as catering and campus services, creating and distributing invitations, communicating and confirming attendance with attendees, etc.
- Compiling, analyze and report all campus event data timely and accurately to Dean
- Serving as lead contact to implement strategic improvements
- Developing and implement strategic visit programs with constituencies such as transfers, minority and international students
- Coordinate transfer recruitment admissions process
- Developing communication and marketing strategies for each guest program
- Serving as a member of the Admissions Leadership Team
- Managing and overseeing schedules for all aspects of the personal visit including developing and communicating vision for value-added components of all campus programs, developing, monitoring and reporting feedback regarding campus tours, and leading team members for strategic planning and implementation for all campus program.
- Oversee newly revised Royal Admissions Ambassador program
- Other duties and special projects may be assigned to meet department goals