The Assistant Athletics Director for Athletic Facilities & Director of the Levine Center for Recreation & Wellness is a full-time position responsible for the overall leadership and management of all athletics facilities including the Queens Sports Complex, The Levine Center for Wellness and Recreation and Queens’ partners such as Mecklenburg County, with day-to-day supervision for the operations of the Levine Center for Wellness and Recreation. The position directly supervises one full-time position, one part-time assistant director and the Sports Complex coordinator. The director works closely with the director of intramurals, recreation and fitness, the facility manager, the director of aquatics, coaches, athletic training, academic departments (mainly physical education and kinesiology), the special events office and third parties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Make all necessary arrangements for scheduled and approved internal and external programming, including all-campus events, Athletics events, and third party requests.
- Receive and approve requests for Levine Center facilities and usage.
- Create, monitor and communicate the facility schedule with all necessary parties.
- Coordinate operations (including game management) of all facility events including staffing of events (i.e. game management, stats, ticket sales, security, etc.).
- Coordinate all third-party events including staffing of events (i.e. concessions, security, onsite manager, etc.).
- Ensure timely, secure opening and closing of buildings according to schedule; as well as security of buildings at all times. Manage light schedule and space utilization (set-up, clean-up, IT support, AV support).
- Direct operations, maintenance of facilities and grounds, and utilization of all athletics and recreational controlled facilities in conjunction with campus services.
- Work directly with University Special Events Coordinator to execute contracts and coordinate events.
- Coordinate having a Queens Representative at all events to manage and lock down facility afterwards.
- Provide daily supervision and program oversight for the operations of the Levine Center training opportunities including the establishment and implementation of operating procedures and policies; building, academic and non-academic class and staff schedules.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of all athletics and recreational facilities, information desk including the access control systems for the building.
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise, and evaluate the Levine Center and Sports Complex staff including:
- Develop and implement an extensive student employee training program (ensure safety and develop/distribute monthly employee work schedules.
- Coordinate facility use with Athletics, academic departments, intramurals, club sports, recreational and wellness operations, student organizations, other institutional departments, and external organizations.
- Oversee equipment check-out and return.
- Oversee facility and equipment services for all programmed and special events including the coordination, set up and breakdown, delivery of equipment from the university physical plant, and coordination with housekeeping services.
- Manage all aspects of the Levine Center (in partnership with other departments) including the fitness center, exercise/aerobic spaces, and natatorium including operating hours, purchase and maintenance of equipment, research, inventory, and monitoring all fitness and weight equipment.
- Serve as the Department of Athletics risk management coordinator.
- Recommend the appropriate budget and personnel for the management of the operations of the Levine Center and third party contracts to the Director of Athletics.
- Work with the Director of Athletics and the Assistant Director of for External Operations to market and coordinate the use of the center by outside organizations.
- Establish and maintain a community outreach program (public memberships, clubs, etc.).
- Actively research and remain current with trends in the fitness and facilities management fields.
- Assist with special events as needed (i.e., athletic tournaments, concerts, career days, speakers, etc.).
- Serve on college committees as appropriate, attend convocations, graduations, and attend other campus functions as necessary.
- Chair the Levine Center and Sports Complex Advisory Committee.
- Other duties as necessary to meet University needs.