The counselor provides individual and group counseling, assessment, outreach education, consultation and referral services with regard to psychological, emotional and behavioral concerns of students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Perform individual and group psychotherapy, in compliance with individual NC state licensing board.
- Assess student mental health needs for appropriate level of care.
- Coordinate client care with the Health and Wellness Center (HWC) treatment team/or refer to other providers or resources as needed.
- Complete all required documentation and maintain client records.
- Provide clinical feedback and support to Associate Director.
- Ensure that Director and Associate Director are up-to-date and informed of any high risk cases.
- Complete utilization reports.
- Participate in and develop campus programs pertaining to mental health and wellness.
- Serve as liaison between University and specialized assessment and /or treatment providers.
- Perform assigned duties to assist the HWC team with administrative functions of the HWC.
- Maintain knowledge of University services and initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with HWC treatment team, participate in administrative meetings and assigned committees.
- Maintain social media sites for HWC.
Non Essential Duties
- Special projects and additional duties as assigned to meet department and University goals.