- Charlotte, NC
The counselor provides individual and group counseling, assessment, outreach education, consultation and referral services with regard to psychological, emotional and behavioral concerns of students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Perform individual and group psychotherapy, in compliance with individual NC state licensing board.
- Assess student mental health needs for appropriate level of care.
- Coordinate client care with the Health and Wellness Center (HWC) treatment team/or refer to other providers or resources as needed.
- Complete all required documentation and maintain client records.
- Provide clinical feedback and support to Associate Director.
- Ensure that Director and Associate Director are up-to-date and informed of any high risk cases.
- Complete utilization reports.
- Participate in and develop campus programs pertaining to mental health and wellness.
- Serve as liaison between University and specialized assessment and /or treatment providers.
- Perform assigned duties to assist the HWC team with administrative functions of the HWC.
- Maintain knowledge of University services and initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with HWC treatment team, participate in administrative meetings and assigned committees.
- Maintain social media sites for HWC.
Non Essential Duties
- Special projects and additional duties as assigned to meet department and University goals.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Licensed provider of counseling/psychotherapy (e.g. Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Licensed Clinical Social Worker)
- Fully licensed provider preferred, but will consider provisionally licensed clinicians
- Minimum two year experience required; experience with college students and young adults preferred
- Experience writing clinical summaries, using web based scheduling system, and evaluating utilization
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Flexibility in scheduling based on demand, averaging 8 to 28 hours per week during the academic year (August to May).
- Some evening and weekend hours
- Strong communication, customer service, and organizational skills
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation)
- Visual Abilities: Read reports, create presentations and use a computer system.
- Hearing: Hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, vendors, and students.
- Dexterity, Grasping, Feeling: Write, type and use the telephone, copier, and computer systems.
- Mobility: Open files and operate office machines; move between departments and attend meetings across campus.
- Talking: Frequently convey detailed or important instructions and ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Lifting, Pulling, Pushing: Exert up to 50 pounds for force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work in office environment, involving contact with faculty, staff, graduate students, executives, donors, service providers and vendors.
- Work has deadlines, multiple interruptions, high volume and may be stressful at times.
Queens University of Charlotte is a private, co-educational, Presbyterian affiliated comprehensive university located in the heart of Charlotte, North Carolina, and is consistently ranked in the top tier of Southern Regional Masters Universities. The university has more than 2,400 undergraduate and graduate students in programs offered by the College of Arts and Sciences, the McColl School of Business, the James L. Knight School of Communication, the Wayland H. Cato Jr. School of Education, the Andrew Blair College of Health and the Presbyterian School of Nursing. Additional information about Queens University of Charlotte may be found at www.queens.edu/Queens-Overview.
If this sounds like the right job for you, then use the button below to submit your application. Be prepared to upload a cover letter, resume or CV, and contact information on three professional references. We look forward to reviewing your application.