Head Coach, Men's Basketball
- Charlotte, NC
Summary: Queens University of Charlotte, an NCAA Division II affiliate, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Head Coach, Men's Basketball. This is a full‐time regular position reporting to the Assistant Athletics Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Plan, organize and direct all activities involved with Queens’ NCAA Division II intercollegiate Basketball program
- Provide instruction and development for individual and team improvement, teach overall team and individual player strategies, analyze athlete performance, prepare student-athletes for the highest possible levels of competition
- Recruit student-athletes within guidelines of the NCAA regulations and Queens’ academic admissions standards
- Adhere to all NCAA rules and regulations for the sport
- Monitor student-athlete academic performance to ensure academic success and compliance with eligibility policies
- Coordinate activities for all home and away meets including team travel plan, accommodations and inventory of equipment
- Oversee the implementation of strength and conditioning programs for student-athletes
- Coordinate transportation of student-athletes to competitions and off campus events
- Evaluate and purchase equipment as necessary
- Serve as primary budget manager for program operations
- Participate in departmental meetings and activities including serving on committees and advisory board commitments
- Provide informal support to student-athletes in areas of academic and personal matters
- Participate in university fundraising and public relations activities
- Participate in summer sport camps
- Support staff to event operations on a regular basis
- Adhere to the highest standards of student-athlete welfare
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required
- Collegiate Basketball and/or coaching experience and ability to transfer the knowledge and skills gained to student athletes
- Knowledge of conference and NCAA rules and regulations
- Strong written and oral communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proven track record of consistently modeling positive behaviors at all times
- Strong follow‐up and follow‐through skills as well as ability to plan, organize and control projects through to completion
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- Valid, unrestricted U.S. driver’s license
- Diverse candidates are STRONGLY encouraged to apply
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in experience and education
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation)
- Visual Abilities: Read reports, create presentations and use a computer system.
- Hearing: Hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, vendors, and students.
- Dexterity, Grasping, Feeling: Write, type and use the telephone, copier, and computer systems.
- Mobility: Open files and operate office machines; move between departments and attend meetings across campus.
- Talking: Frequently convey detailed or important instructions and ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Lifting, Pulling, Pushing: Exert up to 50 pounds for force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule to meet requirements of the position, including early mornings, nights and weekends.
- Work in office environment and outdoors, involving contact with faculty, staff, students, parents, service providers and vendors.
- Work has deadlines, multiple interruptions, high volume and may be stressful at times.
Queens is a private, co‐ed, Presbyterian‐affiliated University with 2,400 undergraduate and graduate students. It operates the College of Arts and Sciences, the McColl School of Business, the Wayland H. Cato Jr. School of Education, the James L. Knight School of Communication, Hayworth College for Adult Studies and the Andrew Blair College of Health, which features the Presbyterian School of Nursing.
Queens offers medical and dental insurance, same‐gender domestic partner benefits, defined contribution retirement plan & supplemental retirement plan, vacation and paid holidays, tuition remission, Queens‐paid life insurance, supplemental life insurance, dependent life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care, qualified transportation expense), sick leave and long‐term disability leave, FMLA leave, reduced cost meals at Morrison Dining Hall, employee assistance program (EAP), free fitness center access.
If this sounds like the right job for you, then use the button below to submit your resume. We look forward to receiving your application.