Summary: The Assistant Director for Residence Life is responsbible for coordinating the student room assignment process and supervising students and student staff living on campus. This is a full time, 12 month, live-in position that includes a University meal plan, furnished apartment with utilities, competitive salary, and benefits. This position reports to the Director of Residence Life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinating the Student Assignment process, which includes but is not limited to: Database management through the Jenzabar platform which drives student billing, Freshman roommate matching and assignments, Coordinating the occupancy check process throughout the year, Planning and executing returning student room selection, Reviewing each assignment process for efficiency, clarity, and student development
- Directly supervises 12 student staff within the Residential Communities encompassing approximately 300 residents.
- Adjudicates student judicial cases that originate in the residence halls in accordance with the Queens Honor Code.
- Makes every effort to create an environment in campus housing which contributes to the total learning and development of students.
- Assists the Resident Assistants in creating a community atmosphere in campus housing.
- Serves as part of a weekly on-call rotation with other professional staff members.
- Provides support for academic initiatives and living/learning programs offered by Residence Life.
- Maintains a strong presence in campus housing by interacting and building relationships with residents, custodial supervisors, custodial staff, and student staff.
- Mediates roommate conflicts and makes appropriate assignment recommendations.
- Special projects and other duties may be assigned as needed.