Summary: The Assistant Director of Student Activities will be solely responsible for oversight of our Greek Life system, advising our Campus Programming Board, and our Student Communications. This is a full-time, 37.5 hour per week, 12 month, live-in position that reports to the Director of Student Activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee our Greek Life system, including ensuring campus and chapter policies are enforced and helping the system thrive and grow as an important part of the Queens experience.
- Support all Queens Greek Chapters (currently Alpha Kappa Alpha, Alpha Delta Pi, Chi Omega, Kappa Delta, Phi Mu, Pi Kappa Phi, and Phi Kappa Sigma).
- Assist in growth of recent chapter additions and oversee the expansion of new Greek chapters including NPHC fraternities and sororities.
- Serve as advisor to the Inter-Greek Council, Pan-Hellenic Council, Inter-Fraternal Council, and Order of Omega.
- Communicate with national organizations and local advisors to maintain strong relationships.
- Oversee the Campus Union Board to ensure resources are used appropriately and the student leaders feel challenged, yet supported, in their role as the primary programming body on campus.
- Oversee the student communication strategy. Coordinate email newsletters, social media, publicity boards, and campus calendars.
- Supervise interns working in student communications.
- Work in conjunction with Student Activities staff in organizing activities for the campus community.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to bring educational programming to campus that will enhance the academic and cultural dialogue of campus.
- Participate in year-round duty rotation that provides after-hours crisis management and intervention.
- Special projects and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Other duties may include Senior Year Experience, Weekend Programming and Campus Traditions planning based on need and prior experience.