Summary: This full-time position is responsible for performing accounting functions, recording and reporting a variety of financial transactions as well as significant involvement in financial and management reporting. This includes compiling financial information, processing journal entries, reconciling accounts, and involvement in the annual audit and tax return processes. This position reports to the Controller.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Assemble and analyze data and transactions applying generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensure timely, thorough, and accurate month-end close process.
- Originate and input journal entries.
- Provide information to faculty, staff and students; explain transactions; resolve accounting issues and discrepancies.
- General ledger account reconciliations and analysis; including bank reconciliations.
- Assist with tax return preparation.
- Assist in yearend audit preparation.
- Create process documentation and instructions.
- Work alongside ITS staff on projects to create more effective and efficient procedures within the Finance Office.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of student and university information, adhering to FERPA and other applicable regulations.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed