Assistant Athletic Trainer
- Charlotte, NC
Summary: This full-time position assists with the Athletic Training for all Queens' NCAA Division II Athletics programs under the direction of the Head Athletic Trainer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Assist the Head Athletic Trainer with daily operations of the athletic training room
- Provide proper injury evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries
- Uphold the standard operating procedures of the athletic training room and ensure proper use of equipment by athletic training students and student-athletes
- Provide daily coverage of sport practices and events as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer
- Travel with assigned teams
- Weekend coverage and some overnight travel to be expected
- Maintain proper documentation on all injuries for evaluation and treatment
- Make appropriate referrals and schedule appointments. Maintain necessary
- documentation from physicians in regards to injury status.
- Assist with injury claim filing procedures, maintenance of inventory and supply ordering.
- Adhere to NATABOC code of ethics
- Must attain NC Athletic Training License (annually) and maintain CEU requirements
- Approved Clinical Instructor (ACI) for athletic training students
- Special projects and other duties may be assigned as needed.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required
- Current NATABOC certification
- Eligible for NC Athletic Training Licensure
- First Aid, CPR and AED certified
- Experience in managing multiple athletic teams at once
- Must be able to provide proper injury evaluation, assessment, treatment and rehabilitation for athletic injuries
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Flexibility, confidence, and ability to work independently as well as contributing to team efforts and objectives
- Attention to detail and proven ability to manage competing priorities effectively are important.
- Proven ability to plan, organize and control projects through to completion within given timeframes.
- Strong follow-up and follow-through skills are important.
- Valid North Carolina driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent of experience and education.
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation)
- Eye-Hand Coordination: Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard, copier, calculator and other office equipment.
- Talking: Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Repetitive Motion: Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Average Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
- Average Visual Abilities: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Physical Strength: Will regularly be required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools and controls reach with hands and arms. Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Work in office and training center environments, contact with employees, students, parents, providers and vendors.
- Work has deadlines, multiple interruptions, high volume and may be stressful at times.
- Work has occasional evening and weekend hours.
Queens is a private, co‐ed, Presbyterian‐affiliated University with 2,400 undergraduate and graduate students. It operates the College of Arts and Sciences, the McColl School of Business, the Wayland H. Cato Jr. School of Education, the James L. Knight School of Communication, Hayworth College for Adult Studies and the Andrew Blair College of Health, which features the Presbyterian School of Nursing.
Queens offers medical and dental insurance, same‐gender domestic partner benefits, defined contribution retirement plan & supplemental retirement plan, vacation and paid holidays, tuition remission, Queens‐paid life insurance, supplemental life insurance, dependent life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care, qualified transportation expense), sick leave and long‐term disability leave, FMLA leave, reduced cost meals at Morrison Dining Hall, employee assistance program (EAP), free fitness center access.
If this sounds like the right job for you, then use the button below to submit your resume. We look forward to receiving your application.