Summary: This full-time position assists with the Athletic Training for all Queens' NCAA Division II Athletics programs under the direction of the Head Athletic Trainer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Assist the Head Athletic Trainer with daily operations of the athletic training room
- Provide proper injury evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries
- Uphold the standard operating procedures of the athletic training room and ensure proper use of equipment by athletic training students and student-athletes
- Provide daily coverage of sport practices and events as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer
- Travel with assigned teams
- Weekend coverage and some overnight travel to be expected
- Maintain proper documentation on all injuries for evaluation and treatment
- Make appropriate referrals and schedule appointments. Maintain necessary
- documentation from physicians in regards to injury status.
- Assist with injury claim filing procedures, maintenance of inventory and supply ordering.
- Adhere to NATABOC code of ethics
- Must attain NC Athletic Training License (annually) and maintain CEU requirements
- Approved Clinical Instructor (ACI) for athletic training students
- Special projects and other duties may be assigned as needed.