Summary: This position is responsible for assisting and coordinating overall operations of Queens’ Levine Center for Wellness and Recreation. Responsibilities include facility scheduling and coordinating all game management staff for the department's intercollegiate teams, campus recreational activities, exercise science classes, University Special Events and all third party usage. This is a full-time, 37.5 hour per week position reporting to the Assistant Athletics Director / Director of the Levine Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the comprehensive facility arrangements for scheduled and approved internal and external programs, including all-campus events, Athletics events, and third party requests.
- Coordinate operations (including game management) of all facility events including staffing of events (i.e. game management, stats, ticket sales, security, etc.).
- Coordinate all third party events including staffing of events (i.e. concessions, security, onsite manager, etc.).
- Ensure timely, secure opening and closing of buildings according to schedule; as well as security of buildings at all times. Manage Light schedule and space utilization (set-up, clean-up, IT support, AV support).
- Coordinate operations, maintenance and utilization of all athletics and recreational controlled facilities in conjunction with campus services.
- Coordinate and manage facility schedules for practice, competitions, meeting space for internal and external uses to include camps and clinics to ensure equity among all sports.
- Assess student, faculty and staff fitness program needs, coordinate programs and services to meet those needs, and promote established programming to the entire campus community.
- Assist with coordinating operations and maintenance of all athletics and recreational facilities, information desk including the access control systems for the building.
- Coordinate facility use with Athletics, Exercise Science Dept., intramurals, club sports, recreational and wellness operations, student organizations, other institutional departments, and external organizations.
- Oversee equipment check-out and return (towels, basketballs, etc.)
- Coordinate facility and equipment services for all programmed and special events including the coordination, set up and breakdown, delivery of equipment from the university physical plant (i.e. tables, chairs), and coordination with housekeeping services in preparation for and clean up after all special events.
- Manage all aspects of the Levine Center fitness center, exercise/aerobic spaces, and natatorium including operating hours, purchase and maintenance of equipment, providing supervision and/or certified instructors for fitness offerings, development of new programs, research, inventory, and monitoring all fitness and weight equipment.
- Establish and maintain a community outreach program (public memberships, clubs, etc.). Maintain membership database and files, Educate office staff of membership procedures, Oversee the collection of membership fees and Communicate facility information to the general public (i.e., rules, hours, etc.).
- Assist the Department of Athletics, the Intramural Department, and general university leaders with special events as needed (i.e., athletic tournaments, concerts, career days, speakers, etc.).
- Special projects and other duties may be assigned as needed.