The Assistant Vice President and Chief Information Officer will serve in a leadership role and work collaboratively to set and execute the strategic vision for the university’s information technology function. The right candidate will be an energetic collaborator that seeks to understand instructional and administrative business issues; casts vision for what is possible; leads and manages up, down, and across the organization to elicit understanding and buy-in and then develops a strategy to realize the vision of tomorrow while supporting the mission of today. This role will be responsible for the oversight of teams that manage the instructional and administrative technologies; network and systems administration, systems implementation and maintenance; developing and managing database structures and the training and development of the staff supporting the areas that make up information technology. This is a full-time position and reports to the CFO - VP for Administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide leadership and vision for the use of information technology tools on campus:
- Continue a migration to common platforms, databases and application tools
- Maximize the university's investment in its ERP system
- Develop and advocate training programs for key constituents
- Establish hardware/software standards
- Identify, seek and/or advocate for external funding opportunities, grantns, partnerships or gifts-in-kind
- Develop and establish strategies for the application of technology intrastructure for the university:
- Create and roll-out data management tools, policies and procedures university wide
- Create and foster an environment of idea sharing, cross training and self-sufficiency
- Evaluate and build a case for leveraging outsource service providers or SAS vendors to gain operational or financial efficiencies.
- Coach and train the IT staff to develop a high performing team.
- Manage the budget for and coordinate spending in information technology areas across the university
- Serve as a strong advocate with senior leadership in matters related to information technology.
Direct Supervisory Responsibilities
- Manager, Enterprise Application Systems
- Manager, Network Services
- Manager, User Support Services (Help Desk)
- Other duties and special projects may be assigned to meet department goals.