The Assessment Coordinator will provide assistance to academic departments and programs, administrative and educational support units in the design, implementation, analysis, and reporting of outcomes-based program review and student learning outcomes assessment. This is a full-time position and reports to the Director of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Work with the University Review and Assessment Council in developing and managing a comprehensive assessment system.
- Coordinate, track and project needed actions related to assessment for accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACS-COC).
- Coordinate evaluation of the university’s Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) in support of the university’s 5-year Impact report to SACS-COC.
- Manage the collection, review and modification of the university-wide program review and student learning outcomes assessment effort ensuring effectiveness in meeting academic learning and program goals.
- Disseminate and communicate assessment results to internal and external constituencies.
- Coordinate, administer, and report on university-wide surveys including CourseEval TM, National Survey of Student Engagement TM, Student Satisfaction Inventory.
- Facilitate the use of "best practices" in assessment and data to improve student learning and in fostering educational improvement.
- Develop and maintain the university’s Assessment web portal.
- Other duties and special projects may be assigned to meet department goals.