This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the staff and faculty within the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) and Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing (MFA) program. This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week), non-exempt position reporting to the Assistant Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet visitors, students and faculty providing requested information, in person, by telephone and Internet.
- Provide clerical support such as photocopying, faxing, and mailing for faculty.
- Serve as the liaison to University marketing and community relations.
- Coordinate School and Program webpage updates using Ingeniux CMS.
- Manage applications and review process for the Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing (MFA) program.
- Reply to prospective MFA student inquiries and questions.
- Solicit reports and information from faculty such as signed contracts and load sheets.
- Solicit course syllabi and maintain CAS electronic documentation.
- Solicit and update course schedules and rotations.
- House and maintain confidential files.
- Organize and assist with bulk mailings.
- Coordinate dean’s list notifications and certificates.
- Generate and track part-time faculty and continuing education instructor contracts.
- Schedule honor council members, students, and faculty for hearings and appeals.
- Work with registrar and assistant dean to assure exemplary graduation processes and graduation week activities, including MFA graduation.
- Organize materials and take minutes for College meetings.
- Administer and summarize faculty and continuing education surveys.
- Schedule appointments and meetings for the dean and assistant dean.
- Run Jenzabar (ERP system) reports and provide Jenzabar access for the office.
- Reserve meeting space and parking for campus guests.
- Assist with event planning needs for College sponsored events.
- Maintain workroom copier and manage machine maintenance requests.
- Manage faculty professional development requests and budget spreadsheet.
- Provide specific office hours (9:45 a.m. - 6:15 p.m.) assisting evening classes.
- Assist with the MFA residencies (January and May).
- Other duties as necessary to meet department and University needs.