The Advancement Services Coordinator has significant responsibilities in the areas of data and gift entry to ensure that all cash gifts, stock donations, and pledges are accurately and timely recorded in the Raiser’s Edge database and reconciled with the Finance Office. This position works closely with the Director of Advancement Services to assist in administering the alumni and donor database and with the Assistant Director of Annual Giving to provide administrative support for Phonathon. This is a full-time, 37.5 hours per week position reporting to the Executive Director of Research and Advancement Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of all gifts and pledges.
- Works closely with the Finance Office to reconcile daily summary totals, as well as year-end reporting to auditors.
- Accurately and timely generates all gift acknowledgements, including thank you letters and receipts.
- Tracks corporate matching gifts.
- Tracks and maintains proposal records.
- Creates queries, exports and reports using the Advancement database.
- Maintains accurate constituent records.
- Utilizes online research sites to acquire updated information for constituent records.
- Supervises student workers.
- Staffs university events as needed as part of the Advancement team.
- Assists with data projects.
- Assists with prospect research projects.
- Collaborates with Phonathon manager to develop calling schedule and calling segmentation.
- Creates queries and prints calling lists for Phonathon sessions.
- Supervises Phonathon student callers in the absence of the Phonathon manager.
- Other duties and special projects may be assigned to meet department goals.