- Charlotte, NC
This position is responsible for providing administrative support within the McColl School of Business. This is a full-time, (37.5 hours per week), non-exempt position reporting to the Dean of the McColl School of Business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as first point of contact in dean's office.
- Greet visitors, answer phones, sort mail and autonomously respond to routine inquiries and correspondence.
- Manage office and provide high quality, timely administrative support for the faculty and dean (e.g., duplication, scanning, mailings, filing, etc.).
- Keep records of faculty syllabi and completing paperwork for contracts, adjuncts, overloads, stipends (data provided by others).
- Assist with financial processes as directed including reconciliation of certain budgets, paying bills, processing reimbursements/credit card statements, etc.
- Audit course fees to ensure proper credit.
- Coordinate technology in the building.
- Manage assigned Work Study student and contract workers.
- Coordinate meetings of the Board of Advisors.
- Maintain Dean's calendar.
- Prepare and maintain minutes for MSB Unit meetings and SLT meetings.
- Assist other staff in providing adequate coverage of program needs and special events.
- Order office supplies.
- Collect staff time sheets each month.
- Prepare “Dean’s List” letters--fall and spring for TUG and annually (end of fall) for Hayworth.
- Maintain updated distribution lists for faculty, staff, and committees.
- Accurately and timely organize and maintain paper and electronic filing systems, including personnel files, student records, course information, forms and reports.
- Ensure confidentiality of highly confidential information, including FERPA-related records.
- Other duties as necessary to meet School and University needs.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills Required
- At least three (3) years administrative support experience, preferably in an academic environment.
- General computer skills and ability to quickly learn and utilize new software programs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Familiarity with higher education web-based data systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and experience interacting with multiple constituencies (faculty, staff, students, public).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness.
- Excellent organization and follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, appropriately prioritize projects, and meet given deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to safeguard sensitive and confidential information; knowledge of FERPA regulations helpful.
- Budget management experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in experience and education preferred.
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation)
- Visual Abilities: Read reports, create presentations and use a computer system.
- Hearing: Hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, vendors, and students.
- Dexterity, Grasping, Feeling: Write, type and use the telephone, copier, and computer systems.
- Mobility: Open files and operate office machines; move between departments and attend meetings across campus.
- Talking: Frequently convey detailed or important instructions and ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Work in office environment, involving contact with faculty, staff, students, parents, service providers and vendors.
- Work has deadlines, multiple interruptions, high volume and may be stressful at times.
Queens University of Charlotte is a private, co-educational, Presbyterian affiliated comprehensive university located in the heart of Charlotte, North Carolina, and is consistently ranked in the top tier of Southern Regional Masters Universities. The university has more than 2,400 undergraduate and graduate students in programs offered by the College of Arts and Sciences, the McColl School of Business, the James L. Knight School of Communication, the Wayland H. Cato Jr. School of Education, the Andrew Blair College of Health and the Presbyterian School of Nursing. Additional information about Queens University of Charlotte may be found at www.queens.edu/Queens-Overview.
Queens offers medical (PPO or a high deductible option with Health Savings Account) and dental insurance, domestic partner benefits, defined contribution retirement plan & supplemental retirement plan, paid holidays, tuition remission, Queens-paid life insurance, supplemental life insurance, dependent life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care, qualified transportation expense), long-term disability leave, FMLA leave, reduced cost meals at Morrison Dining Hall, and employee assistance program (EAP).
If this sounds like the right job for you, then use the button below to submit your application. Be prepared to upload a cover letter, resume or CV, and contact information on three professional references. We look forward to reviewing your application.