This position is responsible for providing administrative support within the McColl School of Business. This is a full-time, (37.5 hours per week), non-exempt position reporting to the Dean of the McColl School of Business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as first point of contact in dean's office.
- Greet visitors, answer phones, sort mail and autonomously respond to routine inquiries and correspondence.
- Manage office and provide high quality, timely administrative support for the faculty and dean (e.g., duplication, scanning, mailings, filing, etc.).
- Keep records of faculty syllabi and completing paperwork for contracts, adjuncts, overloads, stipends (data provided by others).
- Assist with financial processes as directed including reconciliation of certain budgets, paying bills, processing reimbursements/credit card statements, etc.
- Audit course fees to ensure proper credit.
- Coordinate technology in the building.
- Manage assigned Work Study student and contract workers.
- Coordinate meetings of the Board of Advisors.
- Maintain Dean's calendar.
- Prepare and maintain minutes for MSB Unit meetings and SLT meetings.
- Assist other staff in providing adequate coverage of program needs and special events.
- Order office supplies.
- Collect staff time sheets each month.
- Prepare “Dean’s List” letters--fall and spring for TUG and annually (end of fall) for Hayworth.
- Maintain updated distribution lists for faculty, staff, and committees.
- Accurately and timely organize and maintain paper and electronic filing systems, including personnel files, student records, course information, forms and reports.
- Ensure confidentiality of highly confidential information, including FERPA-related records.
- Other duties as necessary to meet School and University needs.