The Instructional Designer works closely with full- and part-time faculty to identify and implement instructional approaches and instructional technologies to improve teaching effectiveness and efficiency and to enhance the quality of student learning. This position also supports the (re)design, development, implementation and assessment of curricula for online, hybrid and face-to-face courses and programs. The Instructional Designer helps faculty identify, adapt and implement the most effective and efficient instructional technologies and related best practices for use in face-to-face, hybrid and fully online courses and programs. The position reports to the Director of the Center for the Advancement of Faculty Excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Collaborate with the Director and with a wide range of faculty and relevant staff – to support, promote and advance the use of instructional technologies to improve curriculum and teaching effectiveness and efficiency and learning quality;
- Consult with, train and support individual faculty members and faculty cohorts in the use of effective and efficient teaching approaches and instructional technologies to support and enhance student learning in face-to-face, hybrid and online courses;
- Facilitate the design/redesign, development and implementation of technology-enhanced programs, courses, instructional modules, assignments and individual learning activities through individual consultations and faculty cohort training;
- Coordinate cohort training and review processes for online and hybrid program and course development, ensuring that University quality standards and deadlines are met;
- Design and develop materials for, and deliver online and face-to-face workshops and other faculty professional development opportunities on best practices in technology-enhanced curriculum design, teaching, assessment and feedback;
- Research, evaluate, and promulgate best practices in the use of existing instructional technologies, as well as new technologies under consideration;
- Evaluate analytics on and activity in hybrid and online courses, along with faculty and student feedback, to ensure continuous quality improvement; and
- Oversee and maintain the CAFE website.
- Other duties and special projects may be assigned to meet department goals.