The department coordinator executes day-to-day administrative support for the music, theater and dance department under the direction of the dean. This position maintains office functions, contributing to the daily operations of the department and music academy. This is a full-time, 37.5 hours per week position reporting to the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain student and faculty records (assisting with faculty load assignments, assigning applied music students, adjunct contract processing, organizing recitals, etc.).
- Supervise and train student staff.
- Assist in maintaining department budgets (purchasing supplies; coordinate production of the department newsletter, schedule department concerts).
- Coordinate interaction with prospective students (communicating information to students, coordinating campus visits, scheduling scholarship auditions).
- Coordinate the music academy (processing all registrations and bills, assisting with brochure design and mailings, generate progress reports, and maintain communication with academy families).
- Assist in preparing for accreditation requirements and visits/NASM and AMTA.
- Organize the department’s involvement in orientation weekends.
- Maintain the music library (purchasing and cataloging music and recordings).
- Coordinate piano contracts (tuning visits, payments, etc.).
- Coordinate theater and music auditions.
- Work with faculty on scholarship awards and write/send award letters.
- Use Jenzabar to generate reports and pull student records.
- Communicate to the general public about the department’s schedule of events (i.e. local papers and other publications).
- Coordinate use of Dana Auditorium for guest artists.
- Coordinate student qualifying exams and field exit exams.
- Attend student recitals and department concerts (occasional weekend and evening events).
- Coordinate maintenance requests/needs.
- Assist the chair of the department as needed.
- Other duties and special projects may be assigned to meet department goals.