The System Specialist is a full time, salary non-exempt position primarily responsible for processing and disbursing financial aid. This position reports to the Senior Director of Financial Aid in our Student Financial Services office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for Powerfaids setup and maintenance including data validation and table structure
- Design and maintain Powerfaids reports, provide data for team, institutional, state, federal and foundation needs
- Oversee flow of information from auxiliary systems to and from Powerfaids
- Ensure efficient and correct data transfer to support packaging goals and deadlines
- Setup and maintain documentation for funds in Powerfaids
- Responsible for return of Title IV funds
- Responsible for reconciling funds between Powerfaids, Jenazbar, state and federal databases.
- Support disbursement of student loan funding, grants, aid and related processes
- Support charging and billing functions
- Create process and policy documentation
- Provide superior customer service to students and their families, co-workers, and other constituents
- Maintain knowledge of federal regulations, state law and university policies in awarding financial assistance to ensure compliance and audit requirements
Non Essential Duties
- Special projects and additional duties as assigned to enhance the level of service and commitment to students, their families and the University.