EMBA and PMBA Program Director
- Charlotte, NC
The McColl School of Business invites applicants for a Program Director for our Executive MBA and Professional MBA graduate programs. This full-time, exempt position reports to the Associate Dean of the McColl School of Business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Build program enrollment
- Focus on retention issues related to returning students
- Encourage ongoing enrollment of current students term after term
- Actively lead and support recruiting efforts for the programs
- Resolve student issues related to the programs
- Review and evaluate appropriateness and effectiveness of program curriculum
- Coordinate with the assistant dean for operations to facilitate the assurance of learning process
- Work with the associate dean for graduate programs and program faculty to periodically review curriculum
- Coordinate approval and implementation of any identified and approved curriculum revisions
- Coordinate international trip(s) and not-for-profit summer consulting projects
- Establish and maintain appropriate external relations
- Work with the associate dean for graduate programs to help develop an advisory board for the EMBA program
- Build and strengthen relationships with program alumni
- Promote both programs in Charlotte and within AACSB circles
- Perform routine administrative tasks
- Supervise EMBA and PMBA program coordinators
- Create teaching schedules
- File appropriate documents to reflect teaching loads, to pay overloads, etc.
- Make admissions decisions
- Recruit/ensure AQ- or PQ-qualified faculty are assigned to deliver the curriculum
- Work with Student Financial Services to assign scholarships and grants to incoming students, adhering to discount allocations
- Plan, control, and monitor all budget items
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet department and school goals
Required Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- 3 or more years' work experience in business or not-for-profit
- Service orientation toward faculty, staff, students, service providers, and vendors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to represent the McColl School of Business in a professional manner
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint and ability to operate efficiently in a networked environment
- Adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and capacity to work both independently and in a team environment
- Able to multi-task with keen attention to detail for high quality results
- Flexibility and resourcefulness to complete necessary tasks on time
- Earned MBA from an AACSB-accredited institution required
Preferred Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Earned EMBA from an AACSB-accredited institution preferred
- 5 or more years' work experience
- Evidence of prior sales experience
- Work experience in an academic setting
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation)
- Visual Abilities: Read reports, create presentations and use a computer system.
- Hearing: Hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, vendors, and students.
- Dexterity, Grasping, Feeling: Write, type and use the telephone, copier, and computer systems.
- Mobility: Open files and operate office machines; move between departments and attend meetings across campus.
- Talking: Frequently convey detailed or important instructions and ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Lifting, Pulling, Pushing: Exert up to 50 pounds for force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work in office environment, involving contact with faculty, staff, graduate students, executives, donors, service providers and vendors.
- Work has deadlines, multiple interruptions, high volume and may be stressful at times.
- Work will require some weekend and evening hours.
Queens University of Charlotte is a private, co-educational, Presbyterian affiliated comprehensive university located in the heart of Charlotte, North Carolina, and is consistently ranked in the top tier of Southern Regional Masters Universities. The university has more than 2,400 undergraduate and graduate students in programs offered by the College of Arts and Sciences, the McColl School of Business, the James L. Knight School of Communication, the Wayland H. Cato Jr. School of Education, the Andrew Blair College of Health and the Presbyterian School of Nursing. Additional information about Queens University of Charlotte may be found at www.queens.edu/Queens-Overview.
Queens offers medical (PPO or a high deductible option with Health Savings Account) and dental insurance, domestic partner benefits, defined contribution retirement plan & supplemental retirement plan, paid holidays, tuition remission, Queens-paid life insurance, supplemental life insurance, dependent life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care, qualified transportation expense), long-term disability leave, FMLA leave, reduced cost meals at Morrison Dining Hall, and employee assistance program (EAP).
If this sounds like the right job for you, then use the button below to submit your application. Be prepared to upload a cover letter, resume or CV, and contact information on three professional references. We look forward to reviewing your application.