Student Financial Services Assistant
- Charlotte, NC
This part-time (25 hours per week), administrative support position is responsible for delivering a high level of service to students, their families and the University community pertaining student financial services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide general office management assistance.
- Manage work study students and their scheduling.
- Run daily letter production and manage forms.
- Welcome and direct visitors warmly and accurately.
- Answer main telephone line and general email box in a prompt professional manner.
- Provide general information regarding financial aid and student accounts.
- Accurately enter data in software system.
- Provide pro-active administrative support to SFS Office.
- Assist Assistant Vice President with budget management (invoice payment, purchase and work orders).
- Complete special projects and additional duties as assigned to enhance the level of service and commitment to students, their families and the University.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule during peak periods.
- Other duties as necessary to meet department and University needs.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills Required
- Proven customer service skills and enthusiasm for providing exceptional service to diverse populations including undergraduate and graduate students, parents, staff, faculty and other constituencies.
- Proven success working in a team environment and independently.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organization and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to follow-up and follow-through to completion.
- Talent for multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy and timeliness on detailed operations.
- Ability to express sensitivity to the financial concerns and stress of students and their families.
- Aptitude for working with numbers.
- Self motivated to get the job done right, on time and with available resources.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and Adobe.
- Flexibility in work schedule to accommodate limited evening and weekend hours.
- Experience in a higher education environment is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation)
- Visual Abilities: Read reports, create presentations and use a computer system.
- Hearing: Hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, vendors, and students.
- Dexterity, Grasping, Feeling: Write, type and use the telephone, copier, and computer systems.
- Mobility: Open files and operate office machines; move between departments and attend meetings across campus.
- Talking: Frequently convey detailed or important instructions and ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Lifting, Pulling, Pushing: Exert up to 50 pounds for force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work in office environment, involving contact with faculty, staff, students, parents, service providers and vendors.
- Work has deadlines, multiple interruptions, high volume and may be stressful at times.
- Work has occasional evening and weekend hours to support peak times.
Queens University of Charlotte is a private, co-educational, Presbyterian affiliated comprehensive university located in the heart of Charlotte, North Carolina, and is consistently ranked in the top tier of Southern Regional Masters Universities. The university has more than 2,400 undergraduate and graduate students in programs offered by the College of Arts and Sciences, the McColl School of Business, the James L. Knight School of Communication, the Wayland H. Cato Jr. School of Education, the Andrew Blair College of Health and the Presbyterian School of Nursing. Additional information about Queens University of Charlotte may be found at www.queens.edu/Queens-Overview.
If this sounds like the right job for you, then use the button below to submit your application. Be prepared to upload a cover letter, resume or CV, and contact information on three professional references. We look forward to reviewing your application.