- Charlotte, NC
The System Specialist is a full time, salary non-exempt position primarily responsible for systems related to student account functions. This position reports to the Director of Student Accounts in our Student Financial Services office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for managing the accounts receivable and financial aid manager Jenzabar modules
- Design and maintain charge table
- Design and maintain reports with Jenzabar data, provide data for team, institutional, state, federal and foundation needs
- Oversee flow of information from auxiliary systems to and from Jenzabar
- Support reconciliation of funds between Powerfaids, Jenzabar, state and federal databases
- Own 1098T process
- Manage bookstore account charges, student health and athletic insurance uploads and reconciliations
- Maintain department internet and intranet sites (Sharepoint), including static content and regular message updates
- Manage Cashnet and other third party vendor data connections to Jenzabar
- Create process and policy documentation for all areas of responsibility
- Function as primary backup for System Specialist responsible for financial aid systems
- Provide superior customer service to students and their families, co-workers, and other constituents
- Be familiar with federal regulations, state law and university policies in awarding financial assistance to ensure compliance and audit requirements
Non Essential Duties
- Special projects and additional duties as assigned to enhance the level of service and commitment to students, their families and the University.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Minimum three years of experience managing relational databases
- Higher Education student account experience preferred
- Proven ability to maintain the utmost confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced office, ensuring timeframes and responsibilities are met
- Exceptional follow-up and follow-through skills as well as ability to plan, organize and control large and small projects through to completion
- Excellent computer proficiency required, with experience in ERP systems and database support, strong proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint
- Ability to quickly learn and assimilate new systems and information
- Experience with Jenzabar preferred
- Possess a logical and questioning mindset, ability to analytically solve simple and complex problems
- Ability to manage multiple work projects from start to finish
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, as well as to accept directions on given assignments
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or IT, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation)
- Visual Abilities: Read reports, create presentations and use a computer system.
- Hearing: Hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, vendors, and students.
- Dexterity, Grasping, Feeling: Write, type and use the telephone, copier, and computer systems.
- Mobility: Open files and operate office machines; move between departments and attend meetings across campus.
- Talking: Frequently convey detailed or important instructions and ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Lifting, Pulling, Pushing: Exert up to 50 pounds for force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work in office environment, involving contact with faculty, staff, graduate students, executives, donors, service providers and vendors.
- Work has deadlines, multiple interruptions, high volume and may be stressful at times.
Queens University of Charlotte is a private, co-educational, Presbyterian affiliated comprehensive university located in the heart of Charlotte, North Carolina, and is consistently ranked in the top tier of Southern Regional Masters Universities. The university has more than 2,400 undergraduate and graduate students in programs offered by the College of Arts and Sciences, the McColl School of Business, the James L. Knight School of Communication, the Wayland H. Cato Jr. School of Education, the Andrew Blair College of Health and the Presbyterian School of Nursing. Additional information about Queens University of Charlotte may be found at www.queens.edu/Queens-Overview.
Queens offers medical (PPO or a high deductible option with Health Savings Account) and dental insurance, domestic partner benefits, defined contribution retirement plan & supplemental retirement plan, paid holidays, tuition remission, Queens-paid life insurance, supplemental life insurance, dependent life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care, qualified transportation expense), long-term disability leave, FMLA leave, reduced cost meals at Morrison Dining Hall, and employee assistance program (EAP).
If this sounds like the right job for you, then use the button below to submit your application. Be prepared to upload a cover letter, resume or CV, and contact information on three professional references. We look forward to reviewing your application.