2nd Assistant Coach, Men's Basketball
- Charlotte, NC
Summary: Queens University of Charlotte, an NCAA Division II affiliate, is seeking qualified candidates
for the position of Assistant Coach, Men's Basketball. This is a part‐time, up to 20 hours per week position reporting to the Head Men's Basketball Coach.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Assist in all recruiting - developing database, calling, organizing recruiting trips, and all paperwork associated with those efforts
- Profecient in NCAA Division II rules and regulations
- Assist Head Coach in developing coaching techniques, overall team and individual seasonal plan
- Assist student athletes with individual performance both academic and athletic providing direction for improvements
- Coordinate activities for all meets including team travel plan, equipment, etc.
- Assist Head Coach in overseeing strength and development work
- Participate in summer camps
- Adhere to the highest standards of student-athlete welfare
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required
- Collegiate Basketball and/or coaching experience and ability to transfer the knowledge and skills gained to student athletes
- Knowledge of conference and NCAA rules and regulations
- Strong written and oral communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proven track record of consistently modeling positive behaviors at all times
- Strong follow‐up and follow‐through skills as well as ability to plan, organize and control projects through to completion
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- Valid, unrestricted U.S. driver’s license
- Diverse candidates are STRONGLY encouraged to apply
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in experience and education
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation)
- Visual Abilities: Read reports, create presentations and use a computer system.
- Hearing: Hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, vendors, and students.
- Dexterity, Grasping, Feeling: Write, type and use the telephone, copier, and computer systems.
- Mobility: Open files and operate office machines; move between departments and attend meetings across campus.
- Talking: Frequently convey detailed or important instructions and ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Lifting, Pulling, Pushing: Exert up to 50 pounds for force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule to meet requirements of the position, including early mornings, nights and weekends.
- Work in office and courtside environment, involving contact with faculty, staff, students, parents, service providers and vendors.
- Work has deadlines, multiple interruptions, high volume and may be stressful at times.
Queens is a private, co‐ed, Presbyterian‐affiliated University with 2,400 undergraduate and graduate students. It operates the College of Arts and Sciences, the McColl School of Business, the Wayland H. Cato Jr. School of Education, the James L. Knight School of Communication, Hayworth College for Adult Studies and the Andrew Blair College of Health, which features the Presbyterian School of Nursing.
If this sounds like the right job for you, then use the button below to submit your resume. We look forward to receiving your application.