- Charlotte, NC
The Executive Assistant provides administrative and project management support for the Dean of the Hayworth School for Graduate and Continuing Studies. This full-time non-exempt position reports to the Dean.
Essential Duties and Responsbilities include:
- Provide administrative support for the Hayworth Dean including managing calendars and budgets
- Aid in the coordination of summer session at Queens including liaising with other academic units to balance course offering needs, manage waitlists, and develop communication regarding session information in order to drive strong enrollment
- Serve as support for the Queens Graduate Council including meeting preparations, materials, and meeting minutes
- Execute special projects as directed by the Dean
- Organize events as necessary including the annual adult undergraduate awards ceremony
- Perform online research as directed by the Dean to include competitive analysis
- Maintain paper and electronic filing systems including records and databases
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet department and school goals.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required
- Prior administrative support experience, preferably in an academic environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint; advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel required; proficiency with Microsoft Access preferred. Prior use of either OneNote or Evernote is also preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and experience interacting well with multiple constituencies (faculty, staff, students, public)
- Proven attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness
- Excellent organizational and follow-up / follow-through skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and to prioritize projects and meet given deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- May need to work some evenings to aid in meeting the needs of adult students
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation)
- Visual Abilities: Read reports, create presentations and use a computer system.
- Hearing: Hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, vendors, and students.
- Dexterity, Grasping, Feeling: Write, type and use the telephone, copier, and computer systems.
- Mobility: Open files and operate office machines; move between departments and attend meetings across campus.
- Talking: Frequently convey detailed or important instructions and ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Lifting, Pulling, Pushing: Exert up to 50 pounds for force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work in office environment, involving contact with faculty, staff, graduate students, executives, donors, service providers and vendors.
- Work has deadlines, multiple interruptions, high volume and may be stressful at times.
Please note: This job description does not constitute an exhaustive list of duties and management reserves the right to revise this job description at any time.
Queens University of Charlotte is a private, co-educational, Presbyterian affiliated comprehensive university located in the heart of Charlotte, North Carolina, and is consistently ranked in the top tier of Southern Regional Masters Universities. The university has more than 2,400 undergraduate and graduate students in programs offered by the College of Arts and Sciences, the McColl School of Business, the James L. Knight School of Communication, the Wayland H. Cato Jr. School of Education, the Andrew Blair College of Health and the Presbyterian School of Nursing. Additional information about Queens University of Charlotte may be found at www.queens.edu/Queens-Overview.
Queens offers medical (PPO or a high deductible option with Health Savings Account) and dental insurance, domestic partner benefits, defined contribution retirement plan & supplemental retirement plan, paid holidays, tuition remission, Queens-paid life insurance, supplemental life insurance, dependent life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care, qualified transportation expense), long-term disability leave, FMLA leave, reduced cost meals at Morrison Dining Hall, and employee assistance program (EAP).
If this sounds like the right job for you, then use the button below to submit your application. Be prepared to upload a cover letter, resume or CV, and contact information on three professional references. We look forward to reviewing your application.