Administrative Assistant (External Relations)
- Charlotte, NC
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Associate Provost for External Relations and the staff of the Hayworth School of Graduate and Continuing Studies. This is a part-time (20 hours per week), non-exempt position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support for Withers House, including support for the Dean of Hayworth School, Assistant Provost for External Relations and Director of Queens Learning Institute.
- Provide front office response to Hayworth undergraduate and graduate students
- Assist with Budget Processing (PO’s, check request, deposits) Development and Management
- Project Management
- Plan and organize events including RSVP tracking, registration/payment, logistics, event assistance and letter and nametag coordination
- Post event reconciliation – vendor payment, supplies returned to campus departments, final attendee lists documentation, continuing education certificates and filing assistance
- Cover front desk and phone for Hayworth and Queens Learning Institute
- Other duties as necessary to meet department and University needs.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills Required
- Prior administrative support experience, preferably in an academic environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint; advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel required; proficiency with Microsoft Access preferred.
- Ability to perform mail merges
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and experience interacting well with multiple constituencies (faculty, staff, students, public)
- Proven attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness
- Excellent organizational and follow-up / follow-through skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and to prioritize projects and meet given deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Associate degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation)
- Visual Abilities: Read reports, create presentations and use a computer system.
- Hearing: Hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, vendors, and students.
- Dexterity, Grasping, Feeling: Write, type and use the telephone, copier, and computer systems.
- Mobility: Open files and operate office machines; move between departments and attend meetings across campus.
- Talking: Frequently convey detailed or important instructions and ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Lifting, Pulling, Pushing: Exert up to 50 pounds for force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work in office environment, involving contact with faculty, staff, students, parents, service providers and vendors.
- Work has deadlines, multiple interruptions, high volume and may be stressful at times.
Queens University of Charlotte is a private, co-educational, Presbyterian affiliated comprehensive university located in the heart of Charlotte, North Carolina, and is consistently ranked in the top tier of Southern Regional Masters Universities. The university has more than 2,400 undergraduate and graduate students in programs offered by the College of Arts and Sciences, the McColl School of Business, the James L. Knight School of Communication, the Wayland H. Cato Jr. School of Education, the Andrew Blair College of Health and the Presbyterian School of Nursing. Additional information about Queens University of Charlotte may be found at www.queens.edu/Queens-Overview.
Queens offers medical (PPO or a high deductible option with Health Savings Account) and dental insurance, domestic partner benefits, defined contribution retirement plan & supplemental retirement plan, paid holidays, tuition remission, Queens-paid life insurance, supplemental life insurance, dependent life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care, qualified transportation expense), long-term disability leave, FMLA leave, reduced cost meals at Morrison Dining Hall, and employee assistance program (EAP).
If this sounds like the right job for you, then use the button below to submit your application. Be prepared to upload a cover letter, resume or CV, and contact information on three professional references. We look forward to reviewing your application.