Tier 1 IT Helpdesk Representative - Part Time/Evenings
- Columbus, OH
Red Roof Inn® was incorporated by founder James R. Trueman in 1972. The brand’s first hotel opened in Columbus, Ohio, with a single room rate of $8.50 in 1973. Today, Red Roof® has nearly 350 properties nationwide and serves millions of guests each year. For over 30 years, the company and hotels have been known for a warm and welcoming spirit.
Red Roof is a leader in the economy hotel market with both franchised and corporate-owned properties. The primary goal at Red Roof is to provide customers a savings without sacrificing comfort. Most recently, Red Roof made keeping in touch while traveling that much easier with their Free Communication. Guests can take advantage of free Wi-Fi, local and long distance calls within the continental U.S., and up to 10 fax pages sent within the continental U.S. Additionally, the brand stands behind their Hassle-Free Guarantee: should a guest have a concern during their stay, simply contact the front desk and allow them to address and solve the problem. If they cannot resolve your concern prior to your departure, they don’t expect you to pay for that night. In 2009 Red Roof unveiled their NextGen® hotels, featuring sleek exteriors with luxuriously appointed and technologically advanced interiors that signal a new era for the hotel chain. The Columbus, Ohio-based company has more than 4,500 employees.
Perform a variety of maintenance, end-user support and training tasks to ensure end-user workstations and network performance meet company and user requirements. Troubleshoot computer problems, determine source and advise of appropriate action. Complete application project based work including testing of primary application releases. Perform responsibilities in accordance with all company standards, policies and procedures.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT Helpdesk via telephone or email.
- Monitor Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in, first-out based on priority.
- Utilize and maintain the cases in the helpdesk tracking software
- Investigate user problems and identify source; determine possible solutions, test and implements solutions.
- Configure and troubleshoot personal computers, network cabling and other related equipment, devices and systems; add or upgrade and configure printers and other related equipment.
- Troubleshoot networks, systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Conducts various training and instruction for system users on operating systems and brand approved/supported applications; assist users in maximizing user of networks and computing systems.
- Maintains confidentially regarding information being processed, stored or accessed by end-users on the network.
- 1-2 years help desk experience.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Ability to install, configure and maintain laptops, pcs, networks and related hardware and software.
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operations problems.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Experience in Hospitality Industry a plus.
- Sound Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems
- High school diploma or equivalent
This position is part time (less than 30 hours) working evenings 5 days per week with Wednesday & Thursday off.