Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
- Columbus, OH
Red Roof Inn® was incorporated by founder James R. Trueman in 1972. The brand’s first hotel opened in Columbus, Ohio, with a single room rate of $8.50 in 1973. Today, Red Roof® has nearly 350 properties nationwide and serves millions of guests each year. For over 30 years, the company and hotels have been known for a warm and welcoming spirit.
Red Roof is a leader in the economy hotel market with both franchised and corporate-owned properties. The primary goal at Red Roof is to provide customers a savings without sacrificing comfort. Most recently, Red Roof made keeping in touch while traveling that much easier with their Free Communication. Guests can take advantage of free Wi-Fi, local and long distance calls within the continental U.S., and up to 10 fax pages sent within the continental U.S. Additionally, the brand stands behind their Hassle-Free Guarantee: should a guest have a concern during their stay, simply contact the front desk and allow them to address and solve the problem. If they cannot resolve your concern prior to your departure, they don’t expect you to pay for that night. In 2009 Red Roof unveiled their NextGen® hotels, featuring sleek exteriors with luxuriously appointed and technologically advanced interiors that signal a new era for the hotel chain. The Columbus, Ohio-based company has more than 4,500 employees.
The Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis reports to the Chief Financial Officer. This position manages a team who analyzes financial and operational results to identify areas of opportunity for profit maximization and to track progress relative to short and long term goals and objectives. A solid understanding of finance concepts is essential to comprehend detail, quickly identify outlying information and inter-relate and translate operational and other measurements to better understand financial results. Strong communication and computer skills are necessary to organize, prepare and publish reports in a concise and timely manner for comprehension to department heads, senior management and investors.
- Lead and manage Financial Analysts through coaching, motivation, and providing direction to deliver expected results
- Maintain and develop accurate and timely financial and operational reports on all business activities
- Analyze and communicate complex financial information to individuals at all levels of the organization
- Prepare comprehensive insightful, numerical and graphical analyses of comparative results to budget and prior periods on a monthly, quarterly and year-to-date basis within three days of closing the books
- Explain the why
- Provide insight into business trends and root causes and anticipate issues and needed adjustments in order to avoid reactionary behavior
- Be a valued advisor to Operations, including a solid understanding of Operations’ practices, issues, initiatives and challenges
- Lead the coordination of the annual budget process, including developing, capturing and providing transparent visibility of business priorities.
- Generate and review large quantities of data using internal and external computer systems.
- Proactively communicate in order to constructively influence senior management on operational decisions, including recommended action plans when necessary. Be vocal
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business-related fields or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in finance or related field
- Analytical ability is required with a keen attention to detail.
- Solid computer skills in MS Office with emphasis on Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, Oracle applications, and the adaptability to learn new applications quickly.
- Must have excellent presentation skills and verbal/written communication skills.
- Must be self motivated and able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Must be intellectually curious.