Residential/Small Business Installer
- Lubbock, TX
The ADT Corporation (NYSE: ADT) is a leading provider of electronic security, interactive home and business automation and monitoring services for residences and small businesses in the United States and Canada. ADT's broad and pioneering set of products and services, including ADT Pulse interactive home and business solutions, and home health services, meet a range of customer needs for today's active and increasingly mobile lifestyles. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL, ADT helps provide peace of mind to more than six million customers, and it employs about 16,000 people at 200 locations. More information is available at www.adt.com.
Position Title: Residential/Small Business Installer
We are looking for a talented individual to join our team as a Residential/Small Business Installer. As a critical part of the ADT team, the Residential/Small Business Installer works onsite with our small business customers to set up and program their ADT security and fire systems. The Residential/Small Business Installer also dismantles and reconstructs equipment when necessary.
As a Residential/Small Business Installer, you would:
- Contact your customers before the installation to confirm the schedule.
- Keep yourself and your team safe while on the job.
- Make sure materials are used efficiently to minimize waste.
- Keep the customer's facility safe and leave it clean when the installation is done.
- Test systems to ensure they work properly and all connections are established.
- Use your technical skills to read blueprints and schematic wiring diagrams and follow ADT hook-up procedures.
- Prepare installation estimates using instructions or supervisor directions.
- Coordinate with police and fire departments and manage records to make sure emergency calls are handled properly.
- Work with other installers on large Commercial and/or National Accounts projects from time to time.
- Take care of other tasks as needed to complete an installation.
- Required A high school diploma or G.E.D. Some technical school training is a plus.
- 6 months to 1 year of apprenticeship/class room study or 2 to 4 years electrical and electronic equipment experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. Mechanical aptitude and be able to use hand and power tools. Experience reading blue prints and schematic drawings.
- A valid driver's license and safe driving skills.
ADT Security Services, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Want to learn more about ADT?
Visit us online at www.adt.com or on Facebook