Security Service Technician
- Lubbock, TX
The ADT Corporation (NYSE: ADT) is a leading provider of electronic security, interactive home and business automation and monitoring services for residences and small businesses in the United States and Canada. ADT's broad and pioneering set of products and services, including ADT Pulse interactive home and business solutions, and home health services, meet a range of customer needs for today's active and increasingly mobile lifestyles. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL, ADT helps provide peace of mind to more than six million customers, and it employs about 16,000 people at 200 locations. More information is available at www.adt.com.
With annual revenues of $4 billion, ADT employs 20,800 associates at more than 150 sales and service offices.
Working at ADT Security Services means working as part of a team; you'll find the tools, resources, and support to help you explore opportunities within ADT and realize your full potential.
To support further growth, we are looking for highly motivated, technically skilled, customer-focused individuals who want to be part of a winning team. ADT associates enjoy a highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture. Generous incentive plans are in place to reward positive results. The corporate headquarters staff provides marketing and financial support, state-of-the-art human resource programs, and a sophisticated technology infrastructure.
The Security Service Technician is a troubleshooter and service expert who is responsible for alleviating concerns the customer may have regarding a security system. The Residential Service Technician advises customers and the customer care center of the status of systems and processes inspections.
Responsible for the service and repair of ADT's Small Business-Residential systems. Also, ensures proper operation at the subscriber premises and Customer Monitoring Center.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Security Service Technician
- Locate and alleviate trouble with damaged equipment or wiring.
- Readjust equipment, repair or replace inoperative equipment and test for operation.
- Read blueprints, building and electrical plans in order to complete equipment repairs.
- Prepare trouble order forms to report temporary repairs.
- Coordinate inspections and/or installations with police, fire departments, or other appropriate agencies.
- High school or equivalent.
- 3-5 years Alarm Service/Installation experience
- 12-24 months Electronics trade school training is desirable.
- Applicant should be able to demonstrate knowledge and trouble shooting skills on a variety of security products.
ADT Fast Facts
- World's largest electronic security and alarm monitoring provider to residential, commercial, industrial and governmental customers.
- Protects more than 5 million American home and 80% of the world's top 100 retailers
- Secures over 100 of the nation's airports
- Responds to more than 50,000 crimes in progress each year
- Interfaces with approximately 38,000 law enforcement, medical and fire agencies across the country