High Volume Residential Installer
- Springfield, VA
The ADT Corporation (NYSE: ADT) is a leading provider of electronic security, interactive home and business automation and monitoring services for residences and small businesses in the United States and Canada. ADT's broad and pioneering set of products and services, including ADT Pulse interactive home and business solutions, and home health services, meet a range of customer needs for today's active and increasingly mobile lifestyles. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL, ADT helps provide peace of mind to more than six million customers, and it employs about 16,000 people at 200 locations. More information is available at www.adt.com.
The high volume program was created in 1989 for the residential and small business markets where an installation could be completed by one person in 8 hours or less. Responsible for all systems installed for 30 days after installation and will coordinate service appointments as necessary with customer without reimbursement, High volume installers are paid per installation; whereas, hourly installers are paid by the hour and typically handle the carriage trade business, resales and add-ons.As a Residential Installer, you would:
Install appropriate devices; dismantle and reconstruct equipment as required by customer and ADT, Conduct service calls and prewire residences. Work safely and responsibly to avoid injury, damage to property, loss of unused materials and clean up installation debris. Contact customer prior to date of scheduled installation to verify schedule. Prepare estimates in accordance with prescribed instructions or directions of supervisor. Follow proper schematic wiring diagrams and hook-up procedures. Test operation of system to the signal receiving center to properly establish service. Read building, electrical and sprinkler blueprints as required. Coordinate installation with police/fire departments and handle necessary records for notification of emergency calls.
- Contact your customers before the installation to confirm the schedule.
- Keep yourself and your team safe while on the job.
- Make sure materials are used efficiently to minimize waste.
- Keep the customer's home safe and leave it clean when the installation is done.
- Test systems to ensure they work properly and all connections are established.
- Use your technical skills to read blueprints and schematic wiring diagrams and follow ADT hook-up procedures.
- Prepare installation estimates using instructions or supervisor directions.
- Coordinate with police and fire departments and manage records to make sure emergency calls are handled properly.
- Work with other installers on large Commercial and/or National Accounts projects from time to time.
- Take care of other tasks as needed to complete an installation.
- A high school diploma or G.E.D. Some technical school training is a plus.
- 6 months to 1 year of apprenticeship/class room study or 2 to 4 years electrical and electronic equipment experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Mechanical aptitude and be able to use hand and power tools.
- Experience reading blue prints and schematic drawings.
A valid driver's license and safe driving skills.
ADT LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Want to learn more about ADT?
Visit us online at www.adt.com or on facebook.