Manager, Donor Engagement
Ravinia® is both North America’s longest-running not-for-profit music festival and its most artistically diverse. Over 100 different events by a mix of classical, rock, pop, jazz, R&B, indie, and country performers make up a typical summer season on our two open-air and two indoor stages. Each year the Chicago Symphony Orchestra is featured in six weeks of concerts, many with Chief Conductor Marin Alsop. During the same summer months, the Ravinia Steans Music Institute provides young professional classical and jazz musicians with career-advancing training and concert settings.
Offstage and year-round, Ravinia’s Reach Teach Play education programs engage 85,000 children and adults—in schools with little to no music curriculum, in our Chicagoland communities, and at our 36-acre park—in our mission to make music equitably accessible to all.
Ravinia embraces diversity in all forms and is committed to providing an equitable and inclusive environment for all staff, musicians, guest artists, audiences, and community members. Ravinia is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We encourage individuals of all identities and abilities to apply.
The Manager, Donor Engagement reports to the Associate Director of Development, Major Gifts. Primary responsibilities include working collaboratively with the Manager of Major Gifts and Associate Director of Development, Major Gifts in the stewardship and cultivation of individual donors at the $10,000 and above level through the planning and implementation of 35+ events throughout the summer, as well as Ravinia Steans Music Institute donors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engages in targeted stewardship and cultivation of donors at the $10,000 and above level through management and implementation of donor engagement events, mainly throughout the summer season.
- Manages and implements approximately 30 individual concert sponsor events and 6 additional special events annually in a typical summer at Ravinia. Represents the Major Gifts team at each of these events.
- Manages 2 post-concert receptions and 2 annual dinners to introduce RSMI donors to the artists they support and seeks other opportunities to engage with these donors throughout the year. Attends RSMI concerts to deepen relationships with RSMI donors.
- Helps to strategically manage events within The Raiser’s Edge database for Major Gifts including the Moves Management process alongside the Major Gifts team.
- Helps Major Gifts team send appeals, acknowledgment letters and general correspondence on behalf of the President and CEO, Chief Development Officer and Associate Director under tight time constraints.
- Partners with the Major Gifts team in planning, preparation and execution of the Planned Giving program, including Planned Giving Advisory Committee meetings and Planned Giving Seminar.
- Works collaboratively with the Major Gifts team and department members to track major, planned, estate and endowment gifts and ensure proper donor recognition.
- Assists Manager, Individual Giving in the coordination and execution of summer Freehling Room (Ravinia’s private donor dining facility) activity and serves as Development’s liaison to the Freehling Room.. Acts as an onsite donor resource at Freehling Room during key concert evenings throughout the summer along with the Major Gifts team.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Event management experience or similar required, particularly Development cultivation and stewardship events preferred
- Excellent customer /donor service skills
- Knowledge of non-profit fundraising strategies, operations and procedures desired
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast paced and intense customer-focused environment
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
- Excellent judgment and professionalism in interacting with the public
- Proficient skills in Google Suite, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint or similar software required
- Education and Experience: College degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of two to three years of experience in fundraising for a non-profit organization, music/arts highly preferred.
- Experience working with mid- to high-level donors highly preferred
- Experience with The Raiser’s Edge database a plus
Typically required to work many evenings and weekends in late spring and summer months as assigned by the Associate Director of Development, Major Gifts. At times is requested to work overtime.
Qualified candidates should upload both a cover letter and resume.
Benefits: Excellent health and welfare benefits, including time off, employee season lawn pass, participating in Employee Resource Groups, and learning opportunities.
Office Location: Ravinia Administrative Office, 418 Sheridan Rd. Highland Park, IL
Ravinia is an Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Ravinia strongly believes that diversity of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is essential to our success. We strive to create and sustain an equitable and inclusive environment for all our employees. Ravinia does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law. We encourage individuals of all identities and abilities to apply.