Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Position Type: Full-time contract
Closing Date: Friday, December 4, 2012
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participation in all phases of the software development life cycle, including product research, software architecture, design, construction, testing, implementation and support.
- Participation in the gathering, analysis and documentation of requirements with software development manager, project manager and other software developers on the team.
- Design and implement assigned components of the architecture or application according to provided software requirements or specifications.
- Participate in the testing of the system, including unit testing, functional testing, performance testing and installation testing
- Code to company quality and programming standards
- Work in a self directed, agile environment
- Ability to extract the essence of a complicated situation; sort out the core ideas that are relevant to the assigned tasks/goals
- Communication skills to create create/communicate artifacts throughout the software development life cycle
- Ability to estimate/track/monitor time spent on assigned development activities
- Document code/processes/practices in both inline (Javadoc) and various hard copy artifacts
- Ability to read/interpret Industry standards