Senior J2EE Designer/Developer
- Regina, Canada
Global Recruitment Inc. is a leading recruitment solutions firm, we specialize in helping Canadian employers to address their staff shortages with qualified staff and workers.
As a "full service" recruitment firm laced with immigration services to ensure that we obtain all the necessary government authorizations for your company (Labour Market Opinion, LMO) and the workers. (Work permit and work permit extensions) when and where necessary.
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Position Type: Full-time contract
Closing Date: Friday, December 4, 2012
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participation in all phases of the software development life cycle, including product research, software architecture, design, construction, testing, implementation and support.
- Participation in the gathering, analysis and documentation of requirements with software development manager, project manager and other software developers on the team.
- Design and implement assigned components of the architecture or application according to provided software requirements or specifications.
- Participate in the testing of the system, including unit testing, functional testing, performance testing and installation testing
- Code to company quality and programming standards
- Work in a self directed, agile environment
- Ability to extract the essence of a complicated situation; sort out the core ideas that are relevant to the assigned tasks/goals
- Communication skills to create create/communicate artifacts throughout the software development life cycle
- Ability to estimate/track/monitor time spent on assigned development activities
- Document code/processes/practices in both inline (Javadoc) and various hard copy artifacts
- Ability to read/interpret Industry standards
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years experience in relevant position
- Ability to read feature specifications and determine how to implement them
- Ability to read software requirement documents and produce technical specifications
- Fluency in Java acquired by hands-on experience, Java Standard Edition, Java Enterprise Edition (specifically, JEE 5/6, JSF, JMS, Web Services)
- Minimum 2 years experience and knowledge of standard web technologies - HTML, XML, XSLT, etc.
- Working knowledge of SQL and database design concepts, JPA / Hibernate
- Proven experience or knowledge with Linux or a Unix variant
- Familiarity with version control and management systems (Hudson, ANT, SVN)
- Knowledge of UML, object modeling, analysis and design patterns
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills are essential
Apply now to be contacted for interview
Send your resume to email@example.com
This position is based in Saskatchewan