Senior Systems Administrator - Storage
- Hanover, MD
Are you a Tech Rock Star? If you are interested in advancing to the next step join our growing band of Engineers!
Red Alpha is a fast growing high-tech government contractor, providing exceptional consulting and engineering services. Based in Hanover, Maryland, Red Alpha is committed to our clients, employees and the mission. Our team consists of dedicated, motivated self-starters with the unique ability to succeed. Our company is employee-focused, with superior benefits, involved leadership and a proven history of success.
We hold each one of our Red Alpha family members in the highest regard - both as savvy technologists who deliver solutions that work and as fun-loving individuals who know how to celebrate their successes and achievements. Join us as we apply our skills to tackle some of the toughest, most interesting, and rewarding challenges in the intelligence sector. Red Alpha wants you to become a leader in the industry and will work with you to enable our mutual success. We are rapidly growing and continuously searching for the best and brightest talent to add to our prestigious group of engineers. We have many immediate openings based in the Hanover, Maryland area.
If you are interested in advancing to the next step in your career, please apply today!
Specialties: Cloud Computing & Administration, Enterprise Java Web/Application Development, HPC System Administration
Red Alpha is seeking Fully Cleared Mid to Sr. Level Cloud System Administrators for immediate work in Hanover, Maryland. Whether you are hoping to take the next step in your career, or make a move into a more dynamic, challenging environment, we have an opportunity for you!
We are looking to expand our Sys Admin team on a long term government contract. Successful applicants should be fully cleared (Polygraph), and must possess Hadoop Administration experience.
- Eight years of demonstrable experience in system administration installing, networking UNIX and / or NT platforms in support of a large client-server based IT enterprise.
- Experience developing and implementing enterprise backup /recovery strategies, server configuration and consolidation
- Experience verifying the health and status of entire IT infrastructure.
- Experience providing support for enterprise services such as DNS, NFS, and e-mail.
- Experience providing support for Unix and NT interoperability.
- Experience with the installation, configuration, tuning, troubleshooting, and administration of SGI IRIX based Operating Systems
- Experience with Network Appliance clustered servers with direct attached and FC SAN storage.
- Experience with Network Appliance and SGI IRIX supported applications.
- Experience with the installation, configuration, tuning, troubleshooting, and administration of multivendor clustered filesystems such as GPFS, Lustre.
- Experience with the installation, configuration, tuning, troubleshooting, and administration of Brocade FC switch network.
- Experience with Enterprise class arrays.
- Experience with the installation, configuration, tuning, troubleshooting, and administration of NFS/CIFS based server/storage appliance.
- Experience with the installation, configuration, tuning, troubleshooting, and administration of HPSE.
- Experience with Data Domain and similar deduplication products.
- Experience with Cloud based storage solutions such as HADOOP and IBM BigInsights.
- Experience with trouble ticket management utilizing Remedy.
Clearance: Positions require a Top Secret security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.