Ruby on Rails full stack engineer
- Melbourne, Australia
This ambitious start-up is full of people who want to change the world for the better. They are building a mobile and web platform that will allow many people to contribute to many others.
With seasoned financial backers and a motivated team, we are now looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails engineer who has experience in web and mobile app development to take the lead on further product development.
We’re seeking a strong Ruby on Rails Engineer with a Social Conscience to work at an exciting Not-for-profit start-up.
- Inner Eastern Suburbs (Melbourne, Australia)
- $80K ballpark remuneration
- Work on an innovative web / mobile products for a non profit
This is a job for a full stack Ruby on Rails engineer. Website and backend in Rails. You will play a lead role in developing the core platform for the next-generation web and mobile technology applications in the electronic micro-payment market.
The mobile apps are compiled using Titanium ( applications are deployed and managed using Amazon’s Elastic Beanstalk using PosgreSQL key-pair / KVP database), hosted on RedisToGo.
There is an ecommerce component which needs to be integrated with Xero. It’s an exciting set of products to work on and you work will be seen by thousands all over the world.
- Develop and maintain Web applications and user interfaces using Ruby on Rails
- Perform design and code reviews with peers
- Provide technical recommendations during product planning and development
- Perform and undergo design and code reviews with peers
- Collaborate with stakeholders on front-end architecture and database design
- 3+ years of web development experience of web apps with cross-browser compatibility requirements
- Strong experience with Rails MVC
- Understanding of OOP and how to design elegant, resilient and reusable software modules
- Familiarity with AWS (Elastic Beanstalk a bonus)
Our ideal candidate:
Is someone who’s developed a couple solid Rails and other MVC-framework web applications as part of a collaborative team.
We’re especially looking for engineers who can demonstrate aptitude in the following skills:
- Real tech fluency: You can build anything with anything, and you probably have 5+ years of software development experience with a couple of those years working in Ruby on Rails.
- Communication skills: You aren’t just great at listening, speaking and writing. You are able to convey complex ideas and information regardless of the medium or situation.
- Product-Centric Thinking: You come from a tech background but you have opinions about how the product you’re building should work. You dig deep and work with customers, the company and our executive team to uncover the ideal way to leverage technology to solve problems.
- Self-Directed: Once you’ve got something, we don’t have to worry about it. You have a bias toward action.
- Passion: You love what you do and can share side projects or open source contributions with a GitHub repository, personal project page or blog.
- Just Generally be Awesome: You take your work seriously but not yourself. You show everyone respect regardless of the circumstance. Extra points if we think you’re funny.
A great opportunity to work on cutting edge web and mobile products for a Socially conscious start-up.
Only people who have the legal right to work in Australia should apply. APPLY NOW! Good Luck!