- New York, NY
Refinery29 is the cornerstone of fashion, beauty, and shopping for a new generation. Combining daily local newsletter editions and a website that serves as a global style hub, Refinery29 offers the only 360-degree source for shopping, exclusive deals, trends, beauty news, local hot-spots, and at-home sneak-peeks of fashion's finest. At Refinery29, great style isn't just a one-way obsession—it's a fast-changing world where readers talk, designers, brands, and shop-keepers engage, and great fashion influences everything.
The Creative Director position is a rare opportunity to help take one of today’s fastest-growing media companies and guide it to its next stage of success. The Creative Director will be responsible for managing the Refinery29 brand and will work closely with the senior team to create and execute against the strategy for scaling the brand across the site, social media channels, mobile, partnerships and offline. The responsibilities and duties will include:
- Lead the Refinery29 branding efforts as the company expands its business throughout 2013 and beyond
- Keep the brand not only consistent and focused but also fresh and relevant
- Manage a team of graphic designers who will execute against both the brand strategy and the day-to-day work of creating assets for editorial, sales and new site functionality
- Partner with Product, Ad Sales and Marketing to create compelling, inspiring, and scalable creative solutions for our readers and advertising clients
- Be a champion of the Refinery29 brand both within and outside of the organization, and create a clear strategy for communication so everyone knows exactly what is on brand, and more importantly, what is not
The successful candidate will demonstrate three qualities above all others: strong strategic thinking, a deeply-inspiring creative vision, and the ability to be a cogent yet collaborative partner with the senior team.
The candidate should also have the following basic qualifications:
- 10+ years of agency, media or other relevant creative and Brand Management experience - must have hands on design expertise
- 4+ years of building, managing, sourcing, mentoring and inspiring creative teams
- Has lead significant branding and/or rebranding efforts in the past
- Strong ability to provide clear direction to the creative team and see that it's executed
- Bachelors or Masters in Design, Graphic Arts or Advertising
- Strong understanding of the fashion and digital media landscape
Does this sound like you? Let us know why we should meet. For consideration, you must submit your resume, online portfolio and cover letter stating the following:
- why you
- why Refinery29
R29 will not honor resumes submitted by recruiters for jobs posted on our website.