Freelance Assistant Managing Editor
- New York, NY
Refinery29 is the cornerstone of fashion, beauty, and shopping for a new generation. Combining daily local newsletter editions and a website that serves as a global style hub, Refinery29 offers the only 360-degree source for shopping, exclusive deals, trends, beauty news, local hot-spots, and at-home sneak-peeks of fashion's finest. At Refinery29, great style isn't just a one-way obsession—it's a fast-changing world where readers talk, designers, brands, and shop-keepers engage, and great fashion influences everything.
We're looking for a rock-star editor to conceptualize groundbreaking new editorial programs in fashion and beauty. This is not your average freelance gig. This is an incredible opportunity to strategize on top-tier projects in the beauty and fashion sector. This is an amazing opportunity for an up and coming, experienced editor to strategically run and manage three sites, across three different platforms. Does this sound like the challenge you've been looking for?
Here's a taste of what you'll be executing:
- Top edit custom posts, features, newsletters, and text boxes (596 stories)
- Oversee production on sold edit programs (this includes managing freelancers, scheduling content, and coordination with design, photo, & tech)
- Manage calendar, posting times, and social components
- Provide support to editorial staff and liaise with Ad Sales to communicate needs/upcoming deliverables
- Manage editorial schedule for sold programs; day-to-day organization of client deliverables
- Track and reconcile budget for editorial freelancers; review invoices and ensure timely submission to ME
- Write and produce blog posts and assist with research, as needed
- Must have 4-6 years of solid Web-management experience
- Must be an experienced top editor at an online media publication
- A healthy addiction to the internet, fashion, and pop culture
- Must be quick on his/her feet
- Must be highly organized
- Must be team-oriented and responsive
Does this sound like you? Let us know why we should meet. For consideration, you must submit your resume and cover letter reflecting suitability for this role as well as your current salary.