Senior Front End Web Application Developer
- New York, NY
Refinery29 is the cornerstone of fashion, beauty, and shopping for a new generation. A high trafficked website, rich integrated ecommerce, and the development of a cutting edge media plaftorm built on a semantic stack are all challenges youll get to wrestle with here at R29. We have experienced hyper growth, year over year and we are taking our engineering team to the next level. We seek a remarkable engineer who can drive top quality front end code and architecture across the engineering team and make the key decisions necessary to allow us pioneer media-commerce, a semantic media platform, and industry defining end user experiences.
Take a sneak peek into our company: http://bcove.me/tf658vzm
Some fun facts about our team:
- Our sprints of fast-paced product creation are punctuated by team lunches, game nights, hackathons, and speakeasy happy hours.
- We want independent-minded engineers who aren’t afraid to contribute to the product process, help improve our work process, and interface directly with stakeholders and end users.
- We subscribe to the agile/lean methodology of many small iterations (one week sprints), tight feedback/learning loops, and weekly demo days.
- We believe it's more important to get to work than talk about work.
- We strongly believe in the DevOps principles, continuous deployment, and completely trusting our developers.
Some things you'll be doing:
- Optimizing performance, code quality, and maintainability
- Working closely with the backend engineers developing API's for our various products
- Working on top of a cutting edge backend SOA that uses a Semantic tech stack, Tiple Store, Scala, and Akka
- Fixing bugs and solve problems rapidly
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, headers, asset loading / caching)
- Knowledge of Git
- BDD or TDD practices
- Experience with JSON based SOA RESTful APIs
- Have a creative mind that can contribute to, not just execute, the creative process
A plus. Gets you ahead of the line.
- Knowledge of technologies such as Compass/SaSS, Backjone.js, Node.js, require.js, underscore, CoffeeScript and JS templating
- Agile workflows like Scrum
- Responsive Design experience
Does this sound like you? Let us know why we should meet. For consideration, you must submit your resume and cover letter. To get ahead of the line, you should include any links to public projects you've worked on or a Github account, if you have one.
R29 will not honor resumes submitted by recruiters for jobs posted on our website.