- Los Angeles, CA
Refinery29 is the cornerstone of fashion, beauty, and shopping for a new generation. Combining daily local newsletter editions and a website that serves as a global style hub, Refinery29 offers the only 360-degree source for shopping, exclusive deals, trends, beauty news, local hot-spots, and at-home sneak-peeks of fashion's finest. At Refinery29, great style isn't just a one-way obsession—it's a fast-changing world where readers talk, designers, brands, and shop-keepers engage, and great fashion influences everything.
Refinery29 is looking for a Los Angeles Editor who will work closely with the site's Deputy Editor, Managing Editor, and senior editorial staff to edit, write, and produce Refinery29's L.A. newsletter and site. The Los Angeles Editor will oversee the day-to-day production and maintenance of all daily L.A.-centric fashion/culture/news/lifestyle/celeb content, in addition to daily newsletter features.
Write, edit, produce, and project manage for the Los Angeles site
Schedule content, assign stories to contributors, wrangle celebrities and local talent, and oversee and produce photo shoots
Keep a sharp eye on performance, social media strategies, and local-audience growth and engagement
Work closely with top editors in creating and maintaining a short- and long-term L.A. editorial calendar, as well as work with the creative team to conceive original visuals and graphics
Plan and execute big-picture ideas to help grow and engage the R29 audience
Cultivate a wide range of local contacts, and help to increase awareness of the R29 brand
Share and report on R29 L.A.’s growth and traffic goals
Represent the R29 brand in L.A.
- A minimum of 5 years in a blogging and/or online production/media role
- A healthy addiction to the Internet, fashion, and pop culture
- Experience working with social media and SEO strategies
- Strong, almost-obsessive knowledge of fashion, shopping, style, and beauty, as well as other lifestyle categories including home, dining, and entertaining
- Knowledge of local trends and interests in the above categories, as well as local venues and events
- Terrific contacts within the local fashion, beauty, and lifestyle industries, with a clear understanding of talent wrangling best practices
- Must be quick on his/her feet with a real talent for generating and finding fresh engaging content not just daily, but hourly
- Must be highly organized
- Must be team-oriented, responsive, and comfortable collaborating, but also able to work independently
Does this sound like you? Please submit your resume and let us know why we should meet.