Social Media Assistant
- Cooper Square, 4th Floor, New York, NY
Refinery29 is the cornerstone of fashion, beauty, and shopping for a new generation. Combining daily local newsletter editions and a website that serves as a global style hub, Refinery29 offers the only 360-degree source for shopping, exclusive deals, trends, beauty news, local hot-spots, and at-home sneak-peeks of fashion's finest. At Refinery29, great style isn't just a one-way obsession—it's a fast-changing world where readers talk, designers, brands, and shop-keepers engage, and great fashion influences everything.
Refinery29 is looking for a Social Media Assistant who can schedule, write copy, and select content for its largest social media outles, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. Candidate will work with both editorial and marketing teams to ensure that every post finds an appropriate place on a social channel, as well as organize weekend and evening scheduling. This is an editorial position, and requires strong writing skills and the ability to be funny, concise, and catchy in under 140 characters. Nuanced understanding of fashion, beauty, and pop culture is a must.
- A healthy addiction to the Internet, fashion, and pop culture
- Experience working with social media and SEO strategies
- Strong, almost-obsessive knowledge of fashion, shopping, style, and beauty
- Must be team-oriented, responsive, and comfortable collaborating, but also able to work independently
- Able to thoughtfully engage with and respond to readers and commenters through social media
Does this sound like you? Let us know why we should meet. For consideration, you must submit your resume.
Refinery29 will not honor resumes submitted by recruiters for jobs posted on our website.