Video Production & Operations Coordinator
- Cooper Square, 4th Floor, New York, NY
Refinery29 is a rapidly-growing digital media company that delivers non-stop inspiration for living a more stylish and creative life. From fashion to beauty to products and shopping, Refinery29 takes its users on a constant journey of style discovery.
Since its inception in 2005, Refinery29 has focused on building a massive community through 24/7 original content. Refinery29’s highly engaged consumer base yields 7mm unique visitors and 1.5mm subscribers generating 100mm page views each month. In 2013, Refinery29 was rated #1 in Inc. Magazine’s Top 100 Media Companies and #11 in Inc.’s top New York companies. In 2013, Mashable recognized R29’s redesign as of the “15 Innovative Redesigns of 2013”.
The company recently raised a $20mm Series C (2013) round of funding. The company’s investors include Eastern Capital, FLOODGATE, First Round Capital, Hearst Corporation, Lerer Ventures, and Stripes Group.
Act as a liaison between Refinery29’s editors, social team, and video team. This person will also oversee and execute grassroots marketing of R29 original video programs. Lastly, this person will manage R29’s YouTube channel as a social platform, and assist in workflow of other third-party video relationships.
Video is a key priority for the company in 2014. This role will involve inter-departmental communication between a variety of individuals on the editorial and creative teams, while still maintaining a very close alignment with the core video operations team. The overall goal of this position is to help us create an efficient workflow, optimize the video content calendar, and ensure video distribution with the objective of radically growing video consumption on (and off) Refinery29.
▪ Work closely with editors on a story-by-story basis to identify video (from a third-party library) that expands and complements R29 content
▪ Regularly offer feedback and manage ideation for video opportunities on the monthly editorial calendar
▪ Work with the marketing team to collect and distribute analytics on video performance
▪ Identify areas of potential expansion into video content across all editorial verticals
▪ Ensure that video opportunities are top-of-mind for all content creators
▪ Provide a bridge between the editorial and video teams to optimize the video calendar, increase brainstorming between departments, and ensure a company-wide understanding of the goals and activities of the video department.
▪ Work with social media team to ensure highest levels of effectiveness in promoting our video content through all social media platforms
▪ Grow the Refinery29 YouTube channel to rival our presence on other social platforms like Twitter and Facebook — increasing engagement, views, and followers, and treating it as a true social platform (rather than just a distribution channel)
▪ Identify new and emerging platforms to promote R29-produced video (i.e. Vine), and ensure consistent content creation on those platforms where applicable
▪ Manage grassroots marketing and PR of R29 original video programming – including outreach to relevant bloggers, publications, media outlets, etc.
Required skills and attributes:
▪ Individual with deep knowledge and understanding of digital and social media
▪ Minimum 2 years experience in publishing, online video social media or journalism
▪ Deep, intuitive understanding and passion for fashion, style and pop culture
▪ Fearless approach to delivering against aggressive goals and deadlines
▪ Passionate about the web, video, and of course online journalism
▪ Be deeply in touch with fashion, style and entertainment
▪ Must be a team player
▪ Thrive in a fast-paced environment
For consideration, you must submit your resume and link to your online portfolio or writing samples. Applications submitted without a portfolio cannot be considered.
R29 will not honor resumes submitted by recruiters for jobs posted on our website.