- Cooper Square, 4th Floor, New York, NY
Refinery29 is a rapidly-growing digital media company that delivers non-stop inspiration for living a more stylish and creative life. From fashion to beauty to products and shopping, Refinery29 takes its users on a constant journey of style discovery.
Since its inception in 2005, Refinery29 has focused on building a massive community through 24/7 original content. Refinery29’s highly engaged consumer base yields 7mm unique visitors and 1.5mm subscribers generating 100mm page views each month. In 2013, Refinery29 was rated #1 in Inc. Magazine’s Top 100 Media Companies and #11 in Inc.’s top New York companies. In 2013, Mashable recognized R29’s redesign as of the “15 Innovative Redesigns of 2013”.
Refinery29 is a lifestyle destination that delivers non-stop inspiration to live a more stylish and creative life. Our premium editorial content and custom advertising programs are supported by best-in-class original design, photography, video, and events. R29 offers a unique opportunity for creatives to collaborate across mediums and with a wide array of talent to bring their work to life quickly. R29 creatives are responsible for constantly furthering the brand's reputation for beautiful and innovative original art!
Check out our creative team’s work here: http://www.creative.r29.com/
Editorial: Reviewing, concepting, and executing editorial illustration requests for Refinery29’s Editorial team, working quickly and closely with Editorial Art Director to finalize art that is in line with desired aesthetic.
Advertising: Executing cobranded layouts that reflect partnership between the Refinery29 and Refinery29 client brands, working closely with Advertising Art Director to finalize assets that are in line with desired aesthetic.
Events: Concepting and executing all facets of events design in conjunction with Events Art Director, including establishing art direction, applying art direction to two- and three-dimensional designed components, designing video and visual display/ presentation on-site
Working quickly and efficiently, ensuring all projects are delivered on deadline, and in line with the R29 brand vision
Working in a detail-oriented fashion by delivering projects according to initial specs and requirements
- 3-5+ years of graphic design and presentation design experience with an established digital company, online media publication, or ad agency
- A strong balance of identity, typography, layout, and illustration design skills
- Strong, open, positive and persistent communication style
- A solutions-oriented mentality
- Genuine ability to collaborate and contribute to a team effort but also to work independently to deliver on individual responsibilities
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure
- Deep knowledge of and familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud Products (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc., InDesign) (Keynote and Powerpoint familiarity is a plus).
- Strong desire to develop creatively and push the R29 visual brand forward
For consideration, you must submit your RESUME and link to your online PORTFOLIO. Applications submitted without a portfolio will not be considered.
R29 will not honor resumes submitted by recruiters for jobs posted on our website.