- New York, US, New York, NY
Refinery29, the largest independent fashion and style website in the United States, delivers nonstop inspiration for smart, stylish and creative women everywhere. For three years running, Refinery29 has been featured in Inc. Magazine’s Top 500 fastest growing companies, and in 2013 it was rated the #1 fastest growing media company in the US. In 2014, Refinery29 was chosen as one of Fast Company’s World's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Style, and won three Webby Awards including Best in Fashion & Beauty. For more information and to browse content, visit www.Refinery29.com
R29 is looking for a proactive, engaging, assertive and detail-oriented Senior level project manager who can effectively and efficiently run many projects from inception thru completion. Projects may involve original photography, video, social contests, custom content, sponsored editorial programs, among others, and will range in size from a few days to many months. The ideal candidate will have the ability to truly drive a project forward, anticipate needs, facilitate communication and thrive in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
This is a critical role as you will be project managing and executing several work streams within Refinery29 for all sponsored and advertorial content.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understand the project vision, assess requirements of the project in conjunction with brand experience manager to develop the scope/timelines, milestones and the specific deliverables
- Ensure all sold projects are executed on brand, on scope and on time
- Develop and evolve production plans and timelines
- Task assignment and management of short order and long term to do's for copy, design, photo, edit, video and technology
- Drive day-to-day tactical execution and revisions and monitor/resolve issues as they arise
- Budget ownership and tracking
- Understand a project's status at all times amidst often changing deadlines
- Calmly and confidently wrangle multiple moving pieces on many programs at various stages of production at once (15+ projects at a time)
- Establish a relationship of trust and credibility across departments within R29
- Understand the risks and challenges of projects but be able to respond and manage them as well
- Work with the producer/PM team to understand and help manage creative resources across departments
- Facilitate and contribute casting ideas and management of talent
- Be a savvy, confident, problem solving ninja
- 3-5 years of prior project management and/or production experience within an established digital company or online media publication; ad agency experience is a plus
- Experience producing and managing video and/or original photo content also a major plus
- At least three years of experience leading development across content and/or technology
- Solid knowledge of project management methodology and use of Project Management tools
- Confident, positive personality with strong people management chops - ability to lead a team from both a project and people perspective
- Must have exceptional communication, collaboration, and attention to detail skills with a strong ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines at once
- Process oriented, but can easily adapt to a growing company with an evolving process
- Well-connected to the creative and production communities in NY & LA is a plus
Refinery29 is firmly committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
Refinery29 does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Refinery29 employees or any other company location. Refinery29 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.