Human Resource Representative
- Washington, PA
Accept the challenge of a satisfying career with Reliant Senior Care a highly respected owner, manager and operator of long-term and post-acute care centers.
At Reliant Senior Care, our focus is on improving the quality of life for those who have put their trust in us . . . from our patients and residents, to their families, to our local communities. We strive not only to meet, but to exceed the expectations of each and every individual we serve through the delivery of the highest standard in clinical excellence.
Reliant Senior Care’s family of health and rehabilitation centers all share one collective passion: a strong desire to improve the lives of others through the delivery of quality care with respect and compassion.
The Human Resources Representative is responsible for managing the payroll process and responding to employee inquiries regarding benefits, compensation, company policies, leaves of absences, etc. He/she will cooperate with Corporate Human Resources in the implementation of policies and procedures. He/she may perform other duties such as accounts payable, and fill in for the receptionist as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Administers all aspects of: FMLA, personal leaves of absence, workers compensation , employee benefits ,OSHA logs, as well as, execution/administration of paperwork, communication with employee/insurance carrier, oversight of payroll implications, monitoring of key trigger dates.
- Responds to employee inquiries regarding benefits, compensation, company policies, jury duty, leaves of absence, on-the-job injuries, non-work related personnel issues, etc.
- Accountable for cooperating with Corporate Human Resources in the implementation of corporate policies and procedures.
- Effectively manages the organization’s employee relations activities to maintain a work environment that supports productive contributions and employee growth.
- Manages employee conflict and assists with disciplinary procedures as necessary.
- Manages employee hiring/onboarding and termination processes; start to finish, including all relevant paperwork.
- Manages annual performance review process to ensure it is used effectively, as a talent management and retention tool and all managers are in compliance.
- Performs role of employee advocate.
- Communicates with management on employee relations matters that require attention.
- Coordinates with management to address short and long term staffing needs. Creates a recruiting plan/calendar in order to proactively source for candidates to ensure that a pipeline of talent is available to support current and future staffing needs.
- Ensure organizational compliance with all legal, HR regulatory and reporting mandates.
- Strong knowledge of employment law and Federal and State labor laws.
- Reviews accounts payable invoices.
- Fills out vouchers for Administrator’s signature.
- Maintains personnel records.
- Assures payroll records are created and maintained.
- Keeps abreast on communication regarding unemployment claims and workers compensation claims.
- Assures completion of OSHA log as needed.
- General typing, filing, and other clerical duties aid in the preparation of operating and capital budgets.
- Assists in all functions related to admissions, transfers, and discharges.
- Keeps abreast of census changes daily.
- Accurate in computer entry and knowledgeable about computer operation for accounts payable and payroll duties.
- Maintains open communication with the Administrator regarding areas of concern relating to payable, personnel, or other concerns as they arise.
- Checks incoming mail for the Business Office and distribute to the proper person.
- Orders administrative supplies as necessary.
- Familiar with the duties of the Accounts Receivable person to be able to serve as a fill in if needed.
- Assists in answering questions concerning resident billing.
- Serves as a facility receptionist in greeting visitors and taking phone calls.
- Maintains resident confidentiality.
- Answers multi-line telephone and direct calls accordingly, copy and deliver faxes, sort and distribute mail.
- Prepares mail for Fed Ex, Airborne, UPS, etc.
- Prepares envelops for facility’s’ mailing on Wednesday’s and deliver to post office.
- Monitors and maintains printers, faxes, copiers, and postage machine. Fulfill facilities needs for applications, medical, and personnel folders.
- Gathers data from facilities for completion of the monthly report, weekly key factor report, and the daily census.
- Orders and stocks supplies, distributes and reconciles petty cash, duplicates, assembles, and distributes employee handbook.
- Creates facility/employee business cards, creates facility brochures, gathers information to complete and distribute the weekly schedule for regional employees, and gathers dates for the employee forum and safety committee calendar.
- Updates Capital Blue Cross rosters monthly.
- Attends and participates in training, in-service, educational, activities, workshops, and seminars if directed.
- Supervises payroll process for accuracy, completeness and legal compliance.
- Ensures corrected information is updated into computer payroll records.
- Reviews payroll data to ensure data in employee payroll records is accurate and current.
- Updates employee records as changes in employee status are received.
- Contacts department supervisors to discuss format errors, or improper calculations affecting payroll.
- Calculates shift and weekend differentials, on-call pay, reviews benefit information, and prepares data entry.
- Prepares special checks for employees calculating wages and deductions and obtains authorized signature.
- Reviews all special payments and deductions processed since last pay period and ensures that they are included in current pay period.
- Sorts printed checks by department and distributes checks to appropriate supervisors.
- Follows all established departmental policies and procedures at all times.
- Performs all tasks and duties in an efficient and safe manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as necessary. Remains flexible and adaptable in work schedules and work assignments as defined by departmental and organizational needs.
- Represents Reliant Senior Care in a manner that conveys professionalism, confidentiality, courtesy, fairness, personal integrity, and respect for others.
- A. Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- At least two (2) years’ experience in an HR Assistant or HR Generalist role
- General knowledge of Human Resources management including employment laws, payroll, employee benefits, worker’s compensation, and leave management
- B. Skills and Abilities
- Excellent computer skills, especially using Microsoft Office
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and write English