- Brampton, Canada
For over 40 years, family owned Remco has built a solid reputation across Canada as the leader in fashion warehousing and distribution. Our vast experience in the apparel business has allowed us to successfully apply our transportation knowledge to other consumer products as well. Manufacturers and distributors of electronics, computers and peripherals, accessories, office supplies and other consumer goods now choose Remco as their transportation provider of choice.
With warehousing in Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver, our distribution network reaches Canada’s retail stores and outlets on a scheduled basis. Our network is our greatest advantage for both fashion and a wide range of consumer products.
What distinguishes our company most is the can-do attitude and flexibility of our people. Each member of our team takes personal pride in helping your business gain momentum towards greater success. When you handle as many SKUs and specialized products as we do, it’s easy to see how Remco Does!
We are currently looking to fill the roll of Driver Management Administrator
Primary Responsibilities will include:
- Assist/advise drivers as needed to achieve objectives related to safety and compliance
- Assist in communicating any complaints received from the Dispatch Department or Customer Service, to the drivers.
- Ensure that all equipment problems (trucks, tractors) that are reported by the drivers are acted upon by the fleet maintenance dept.
- To ensure the drivers city logs are completed daily and filed in the appropriate folders.
- Creating memos for all drivers / brokers on behalf of the Driver Manager with respects to client updates, policy and procedure changes
- Dispatch Brokers for the following days’ work
- Maintaining and updating driver productivity report system
- Ability to work well on a team and independently in a fast paced environment
- Very strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Very strong computer skills, especially in MS Excel
- Previous experience in a transportation environment a definite asset
- Available to work between the hours of 8 am to 5 pm
Associates are the difference at Remco. We are always on the lookout for people with a can-do attitude and the professionalism to deliver a level of service above and beyond the industry standard. We offer a comprehensive benefit program and a professional environment that promotes personal growth with great opportunity to be challenged.